Horcruxes

"Third year was relatively calm. I was only a little worried about Sirius trying to kill me. The dementors were the ones I was really worried about. They affect me more than others. When they are near me I can hear Voldemort killing my parents." Harry choked a little on the last sentence. Draco scooted closer and put a comforting arm around his shoulders. Harry sighed warmly at the contact.

"I worked with Professor Lupin and mastered the patronus charm. I found out the truth about Sirius. He was my godfather and he hadn't even been given a trial when they locked him up. Wormtail was the one who committed the crime. He was one of my parent's best friends. And he was able to just hand them over to Voldemort. I would rather die than give up one of my friends. It was such a lowly coward thing to do. I couldn't believe it. How the man was placed in Gryffindor is beyond me. Wormtail got away that night. There was no way to prove Sirius's innocence. Remus quit before he got fired. It was not a good year. But it did end with the closest thing to family that I had." Harry smiled sadly thinking of Sirius. Now he just feels empty. No family left at all. Draco gave another firm squeeze. His arms still around Harry.

"Fourth year that was a bloody disaster. It was difficult having no one believe me about the Triwizard tournament. The only one I had on my side was Hagrid and Hermione. Ron assumed I was lying. Wouldn't even listen to me. That hurt the most to be honest. I thought for sure that at least my best friends would believe me. Even if the whole world hated me I would have them." Draco clenched one of his fists tightly in anger. He had known that Harry had been telling the truth. One look at his face when his name had been called was all the proof that he needed.

"Eventually he came around. When he got his head out of his arse. The whole year I felt as if something was just brewing, waiting for the moment to strike. It felt like a bad omen. During the third task when I was transported to the graveyard, it was one of the worst things I ever had to go through. Right after Cedric and I landed Voldemort ordered Wormtail to kill Cedric. He said 'Kill the spare'. Like his life meant nothing. That's what gets to me the most. The way he just carelessly discards life. One second he was there and then bam Cedric was lifeless. It haunts me to this day. To think that he died just because he was with me. If I hadn't brought him with me he would still be alive. It's my fault. I should have tried harder. I should have been faster. I should-" He was cut off.

"Harry!" Draco scolded. The tone of his voice caused Harry to jump slightly. "You cannot blame yourself for his death. You did not force him to go with you. You did not raise the wand that killed him. You had no time to protect him. This is no one but Voldemort and Wormtails fault. I refuse to let you blame yourself." Draco finished sternly with a slight glare.

Harry was too shocked to argue. He weakly nodded along. Draco relaxed slightly. "I was forced up against a tombstone. I couldn't move. They created some potion and added my blood to it. He was brought back to life. And good Merlin was he hideous." Draco snorted in amusement at that. He had to agree.

"He summoned all of his death eaters. The only ones not to show up were Snape and Igor. I could hear your dad in the background. Sometimes even your dad's voice haunts my dreams. I can hear him taunting me with the rest of them as I was held against my will on the tombstone." Draco was racked with guilt. He knew it was not his fault that his father acted that way. But it didn't help any. He still felt guilty.

Harry turned slightly and saw the guilt on his face. "Don't even think about it Draco. You are not your dad. Don't be guilty for something he did." He told him sternly. Draco nodded weakly.

"Voldemort and I fought against one another. He sent a killing curse at me, I sent the expeliarmus spell at him. Our spells locked in flight. It created a dome if you will around us. It vibrated. It was difficult to hold on to my wand." Draco gasped. It caused Harry to look over at him.