Dormant Darkness

"You were able to sense it?" Harry asked in wonder. Kreacher nodded.

            "Regulus Black?" Narcissa asked curiously. She had always wondered what happened to her cousin. Everyone used to say that The Dark Lord had been the one to kill him but she remembered Lucius saying that The Dark Lord had been curious about the man's disappearance. If he had been the one to kill Regulus he would have made an example out of his death. "He tried destroying one of the... er items." Harry explained. At Lucius and Narcissa's confused look he pointed to his scar. Her mouth dropped open. Narcissa had never been close with her cousin, he had been younger than her and she just never took the time to get to know him. Sirius had been the one everyone talked about, never anything good mind you. So Regulus often got overlooked. The way Aunt Walburga spoke of him though made her wonder if he really had tried getting rid of a Horcrux. Maybe after discovering what The Dark Lord was up to he changed his mind about following him? She wouldn't be surprised.  

            "Oh. Is that how he died?" She wondered. "Sort of. I will tell you about it later." He said reminding her that there were curious listeners that had no idea what they were talking about.

            "I hate that we can't know." Fred said disgruntled. George just nodded his agreement, still not saying anything. Harry ignored them and turned his attention back to Kreacher.

            "And is the darkness that was like Regulus's locket gone?" Harry asked. Draco sent him a sharp look. They have been over this already. Harry was not a Horcrux anymore.

            "Yes Master Harry. It disappeared the same day as the battle." Harry sighed in relief.

            "I know. I just wanted to be sure." Harry told the glaring Draco. Draco huffed but had to admit that if it had been him he probably would have asked too. He couldn't even imagine what it would have been like to be a Horcrux, let alone being one for someone like Voldemort.

            "Is that when you noticed the other darkness?" Lucius asked. "Yes Lord Malfoy. Kreacher noticed that it was different." Lucius raised a brow.

            "Different how?" Severus wondered. "The first darkness was vile and disturbed sir. Kreacher didn't likes it. It was attached to Master Harry and it was leaching off of him. It was too dark. But Master Harry was still brighter than it! Kreacher doesn't gets it. It should have been too much but Master Harry was still so bright!" The awe in his voice caused Harry to blush.

            "Leaching?" Draco said in horror. "The connection." Harry mused out loud. That was the only explanation.

            "What does he mean by bright?" Blaise wondered. "The type of wizard he is. It must be that Harry's magic was brighter than the... darkness inside him." Lucius had almost slipped and said Horcrux.

            "What is this darkness like?" Harry felt violated. What was in him and how in the world did he get it out? He shuddered trying to understand where it came from. Being a Horcrux had been bad enough. Obviously someone had been having a right laugh when the fates were deciding his future.

            "It is just as dark and cruel but it is not leaching off of your magic. It is angry..." Kreacher said frightened. "Today it took control. Kreacher felts it! It has been a part of you for a long time and it does not like the life mate bond. But you used the darkness to give Master Draco life! You used to darkness and it is pleased. The darkness has been dormant for too long. It wants you to use it!"

            Harry leaned away in surprise. Something inside him doesn't like the bond he shares with Draco and it attacked him? And Harry had somehow tapped into it to give Draco life? It wants him to keep using it? Well it could fuck off. Draco thanked Kreacher and the elf apparated out of the room.