Black Room

Harry could see the confusion on their faces and rushed to explain. "Well it is Finley. But that is also Finneus Flamel."

            There was a deafening silence while everyone tried processing the new information.

            *CRACK* The silence in the room was broken by the nearest table being split in half. Everyone looked wide eyed at Harry expecting it to have been caused by him but it was Draco who was panting heavily.

            "You mean to tell me that that low life is one of the people who killed you?" Draco whispered harshly as he took a step towards Finneus's still form. He wasn't even sure of what he would do once he got to the man, he was just so angry that he wanted to do something.

            Harry pulled him back and wrapped his arms around Draco's waist. "Shh calm down love. Yes, that is him and no, you can't harm him."

            Draco made a noise of disbelief. "Are you kidding me? He killed Ethan. My sweet innocent Ethan." Draco's voice cracked.

           "No. I won't just allow him to get away with it." He growled. Draco couldn't believe what he was hearing. This piece of shite was one of the reasons that the love his life had been taken from him. This dirt on the bottom of his shoe was responsible for the grief and heartache that he felt every single day that he waited for Ethan to come home and he never did. The endless pacing, the endless tears, the endless agonizing torture of a life without Ethan. His entire existence had been crushed and it was all the Flamels' fault. They finally had one of them in their grasps and Harry was saying that he couldn't harm him?! 

            Harry's heart warmed up just as much as it broke as he heard the pain in his soulmate's voice but he held on tightly to Draco. "I am not saying you can't harm him ever, I am saying that you can't harm him right now. We need answers love. He might be able to give them to us." Harry reasoned.

            Draco growled. Harry was making a lot of sense but he didn't want to be reasoned with. He wanted to be angry and he wanted to take that anger out on Finneus. The warring emotions were almost too much for him.

            "Did you lower the dampening charm?" Pansy whispered to Blaise while the two love birds began to work out their issues.

            Blaise shook his head wide eyed. "No. It is still up. I don't know how Draco managed to perform any magic."

            "Could it just be accidental magic?" Fred whispered. Blaise shook his head again. "No. I made sure to cover that too." He answered in confusion. It really shouldn't have been possible. He was worried that the charm had failed but he remembered the Finl-Finneus, that would take some getting used to, had not been able to perform any magic.  

            Blaise tilted his head toward Pansy and gestured with his fingers that he wanted her to try performing something. He would have done it himself but since he cast the charm he had set in a loophole making it so that he would be the only one able to cast from inside the room. The charm could be taken down from the outside but not the inside.

            Pansy tried a number of spells, all ranging from mild to hard and not a single one would go through. She tried taking down the charm but had to admit that Blaise had done a great job with his spell work. She shook her head letting him know that she failed.

            George shared a frown with his twin and they both tried a handful of spells as well. They sighed in frustration when nothing happened. Fred looked to his boyfriend. "Why do you suppose he was able to perform magic?"