Dark Resonates With Dark

"During our first year, Dumbledore had gotten wind that Voldemort wanted the Sorcerer's Stone. So he sent word out to Flamel and they agreed to hold it in Gringotts. When Dumbledore feared the safety of the stone, he had it moved to Hogwarts. I was at Gringotts with Hagrid when they took the stone out of the vault. I didn't know that it was the stone at that time." Lucius and Narcissa shared a look of disbelief.

            "Are you trying to tell me that Dumbledore allowed the Sorcerer's Stone inside the school?" Lucius demanded angrily and in disbelief. He couldn't believe it. Lucius wished he could revive the man just to give him a piece of his mind. Harry nodded wearily.

            "The stone is incredibly dark and dangerous and he just let it sit inside the school?? That doesn't make sense. Why would the Flamels hand over the stone in the first place? They are nearly 700 years old, Dumbledore was what 150? They have lived through so many generations of magic. 150 is like a child compared to them. Not to mention how dark they are. Why would they trust Dumbledore with their stone? That makes absolutely no sense to me. They haven't been seen for years. Putting the stone in the school would be like putting it into The Dark Lords lap. Keeping the stone wherever it was before worked for the last 700 years. Why change it?"

            Harry was blown away by his questions. Why had he never thought of that before. It made sense the more he thought about it. Why would they have let Dumbledore take it? The stone hadn't been found before. Placing it in school sounded stupid. Even if you were to ignore the fact that is a dark artifact. Why would you place something you know Voldemort is looking for inside a school with hundreds of innocent school children?

            "Was it even real?" The surprising question came from Remus. Everyone turned to stare at him. "If you believe that the Flamels wouldn't have given Dumbledore the stone then that must mean the one in the school was a fake. Or, they really did give him the stone and it really was in the school."

            Harry wasn't sure which was correct. He felt like his mind had been dumped out on the floor and stomped on. He was ready to implode. So many questions and no answers. "It better bloody well have been real! I nearly died protecting it!" At the startled looks he was receiving he decided he better get back to the story.

            "Ron, Hermione and I came across Fluffy one night by accident."

            Severus snorted while everyone else looked confused. "You would come across that thing by accident." He said with amusement. Harry grinned at him a little surprised that they were being friendly with each other.

            "And what is a fluffy?" Lucius asked curling his mouth in distaste at saying such a Hufflepuff word.

            "It's a three-headed dog that was meant to guard the entrance to the stone." Lucius lifted his brows in surprise.

            "A Cerberus?" Remus let out a low whistle. "That is an incredibly rare creature."

            Harry shrugged. "It was Hagrids. He said he let Dumbledore borrow it." Lucius let out a low moan. "He would have something so dangerous and call it fluffy." Harry's mouth twitched in effort to not laugh.

            "Hermione was the one to notice that it had been standing on a trap door. The thing nearly bit our heads off. Did you know it took a simple Alohomora to open the door that led to it?" Harry shook his head in bewilderment at that thought. You would think that a creature like that would have been harder to get to.

            Lucius and Remus narrowed their eyes. Dumbledore shouldn't have had a creature like that inside a school to begin with. One of them could have died that night. A simple unlocking charm? That was just asking for trouble. What had the man been thinking?