The Voyage

As soon as they landed, Harry and Draco had been given control over their bodies by the darkness. Finneus was stilled tied together with the rope so there was no worry about him running off.

            Draco was incredibly worried about what just happened. The plan had gone exactly as it should have. It was rather simplistic when one stops to think about it. They had known from previous encounters that they could apparate in and out of the Manor despite the wards. All they needed to do was get a hand on Finneus and get out of there. Which is why Draco needed to be close by so that they could apparate at the drop of a hat. He was concerned about what everyone else was going to do.

           They could have tried to convince everyone else of their plan but Draco knew that his father and Severus would never have approved. They trust Harry but they would have said that his judgement was skewed by the darkness. It had taken Draco trusting in his love for Harry to even consider going along with this crazy situation. He was worried about what the rest of the family was going to do. Would they try and stop them before they could finish out the plan? He hoped not or it might result in a showdown and he didn't want to fight his family.

            Harry looked around and realized that they were in the middle of some kind of forest. He almost snorted when he saw that Finneus was face down in the mud. He bit his lip when he recalled the panicked faces of everyone else as they left. He was kind of upset at the darkness for taking them over. Had it really been necessary to take them over for the brief moment? It made the whole situation look like they were under the control of the darkness instead of the other way around.

            'It was necessary to get host out of the room. The room was encrypted with ancient magic to prevent anyone from leaving the room that was not the Lord of the house. We had to protect host and his life mate.' Harry's mind was filled with images of what the darkness had done. It was like the darkness had surrounded their entire core to protect them from whatever the Malfoy ancestors had used to safe ward the room. He was actually quite impressed. If the charm was anything like the one protecting the entrance to the room, then he wondered what kind of magic the darkness could really do. He shot a look to Draco and by the surprise on his face and in the bond, he knew that the darkness had said the same thing to him.

            Draco's mind was going crazy trying to rationalize what the darkness had just said. He was soothed with the knowledge that he hadn't been taken over for the hell of it but he was blown away that they had been able to escape the black room unharmed. He hadn't really thought about it till now but it was actually a miracle that none of them were harmed. The spells surrounding the Black room went back since the beginning of the Malfoy line. Every generation added their own spells and updated the existing ones. There were so many spells that trying to get past them all would have taken days and maybe months to do. To think that the darkness had been able to get past them in seconds was actually terrifying.

            Draco furrowed his brows. 'Did you enter my body like you are inside of Harry?' He wasn't sure he could handle the answer. If the darkness could take over him like it could Harry, then that was a scary thought.

            'No. We used the bond. We did not enter life mate's body. We told host that we would not enter life mate again. When we surrounded the bond that made it possible to protect life mate.' Draco breathed a sigh of relief at that. He had been scared that if he got angry then the darkness would be able to take him over like it could Harry.

            Harry frowned as he suddenly thought of something. 'If you had to take us over to get out of there, then how did Finneus get out? Did you enter him too?' Harry didn't like that idea at all. The darkness had told him that it was too tempting to enter Finneus, so then that raised some questions.