Remus Lupin

Authors Notes:

Yes, I realize that Remus originally died. Please remember that the author notes in the very beginning of the prologue mentioned that there would be some people who I kept alive. Remus is one of those people. So please don't tell me, 'I thought he died'. Other than that, I hope you enjoy. :)

Much later, when their bodies were sated did they leave their bedrooms. Kreacher was ecstatic to see Master Draco. He had known that Master Harry would be able to bring him back. Nope, he hadn't been worried.

-------------------------------------------------------------

            "Kreacher I have set a repelling charm on the house to ensure that only usual mail gets through. The charm will collect the rest. I need you to sort through it. Any mail that is spelled with curses will automatically combust upon making contact with the charm. So the mail should be safe, be careful though. I don't want you hurt if a bad one manages to come through." Harry told him.

            "Yes Master Harry." Kreacher was confused but didn't ask Master Harry about it. Master didn't normally receive mail like this. Kreacher was worried for his Master. Draco must have noticed his confusion.

            "The Daily Prophet sent out a negative article about the both us. Mainly Harry." Draco pointed out. The chime of the floo let them know that someone was wanting to come through. Draco got up to investigate because he didn't want to have to deal with the outburst he knew was about to happen.

            "People writing lies about Master Harry?" Kreacher rasped aghast. Harry mentally sighed. Damnit. Why did Draco have to do that? He knew how Kreacher could get. The slimy git.

            "Yes. But Draco and I will handle it." He assured the concerned elf. Kreacher nodded. "Of course Master Harry can handle it. Ifs a reporter comes to the door cans Kreacher handle them?" Draco came back into the room snorting at the vicious look on the elf's face. Gods, he loved the little creature.

            Harry was about to answer in the negative when Draco intercepted. "Of course you can." Draco said fondly. Harry groaned as Kreacher clapped his hands happily and his ears wiggled in excitement before apparating away.

            "Must you encourage him?" Harry whined. Draco's mouth twitched. "Harry, he is positively Slytherin. Of course I have to encourage him. Goodness knows what kind of exposure your Gryffindor tendencies would do to him otherwise. Besides he is very entertaining." Harry pinched the bridge of his nose not even bothering to reply.

            "Oh, before I forget, that was Lupin at the floo. He said he would be coming through in about five minutes." Draco expected to feel some happiness but he was not prepared for the sheer panic that nearly knocked off his feet.

            "What? You said he could come through? Why? Why would you say that?" Draco steadied himself before walking towards Harry. He was going to pull him into a hug but Harry backed away with wide eyes.

            "Harry what's wrong? I thought you would be happy to see Lupin." Harry started breathing heavily. Panic. That is what he could feel. Draco was growing concerned. Why would Harry be feeling like this? When Harry didn't answer him, Draco grew afraid.

            "Harry is something the matter?" Draco asked gently.

            "That is something I would like to know as well." Harry tensed at the sound of Remus's voice. He shot a panicked look at Draco before looking all over the kitchen trying to find a way out.