Merrows and Mourning

Fred and Blaise eyed the boat a little warily. Yeah it was decent sized but could it really protect them against anything? They just hoped that it would be fast.

            Blaise thought that it wasn't so bad. The boat was a little jerky at first but it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. He had been nervous about what would happen once they actually got on the ocean. He shot a look up at the sky and shook his head when he saw George do a dive bomb straight at Pansy. Her laughter could be heard from here. He looked to his surprisingly silent boyfriend and frowned at the green tinge to his lover's face.

            "Fred, are you alright?" He asked tentatively. Severus and Remus turned sharply around to see what was wrong.

            Fred shook his head rapidly. Oh merlin, this was awful. He should have gone on a broom. That would be preferable to this. His stomach was a mess. He was positive that the whole thing wanted out of his body. "I think that-" His eyes widened and he ran to the edge of the boat and vomited.

            Blaise ran a hand up and down Fred's back in a soothing manner as his boyfriend got sick.  

            Severus sighed and pulled out a potion and handed it to Blaise. "As soon as his stomach settles for a moment, have him take this. It will stop the nausea." Blaise smiled at him widely. "Thank you." He softly said before returning to keep a watch on his boyfriend.            

            "You are wonderful, you know that?" Remus murmured in Severus's ears before kissing his cheek.

            "I think prepared is a better word." Severus argued. He hadn't done anything but carry around potions. Remus sighed. "One day, I will make you understand what I see when I look at you."

            Severus swallowed slightly as he focused on steering the boat. "What is it you see?"

            Remus closed his eyes and leaned on Severus's shoulder. "I see an incredibly jaded man who has the most wonderful caring soul I have ever seen. I see a man who has given so much to the world that you aren't sure if there is anything left for you. I see a man who has done horrible things but will strive to be better at all costs. I see a man who has been used too many times but is smart enough to never be in that position again. I see the love that I know is inside of you. I see the sweet caring nature that you have buried away under a shield. I see you Severus. I see everything good about you. I am not romanticizing any of the faults that you are probably clinging to. I don't just see the good. I see the bad too. The only difference is that I love both sides to you, while you hate what I so clearly love. One day Severus, one day you will see what I see too."

            Severus closed his eyes briefly before turning his head and softly kissing Remus. He sighed into the gentle press of the other man's lips. "I think." Severus whispered. "That you are seeing what you want to see. But I love that you want to see it anyways." Remus sighed. This was the best he was going to get out Severus for now.

            "Do you think that we will be as disgusting as them when we get that old?" Fred mock whispered. Blaise rolled his eyes. Yeah, his lover was definitely feeling better.

            "Disgusting?" Severus said with a dangerous tone.

            "Who are you calling old?" Remus was slightly offended.

            Fred grinned wickedly. "It's kind of cute. Finding love at that age. Old people in love makes me melt a little inside." He sighed dreamily. Blaise stepped away from Fred when he saw the look in Severus's eyes.