The Power of Love??

"I am impressed that you managed to get Zonko's to sell his shop at such a low price." Lucius said after some time.

            Draco smiled at the praise. That wasn't something his father had ever really given before. "Despite the many flaws you seemed to have pointed out in my character." Draco winced, he had forgotten the brutal honesty that he had used when describing his father. He opened his mouth to apologize or to just say something.

            Lucius held up his hand. "Don't even bother." Draco squinted his eyes trying to figure out if his father was angry with him.

            "Some of what you said may have rang up on the truthful side." Lucius wasn't about to admit how close his son's opinions were true. Did it hurt? Definitely. But it didn't make it any less right. It was a nasty surprise to see what his son thought of him and it did hurt but he had definitely heard worse things before. His son had defended him too... sort of.

            Draco was surprised at the admission. His father was admitting his faults? Was this a trick? Or a dream? He didn't even know that his father knew how to admit when he was wrong let alone admit flaws to his character. Draco knew that the statement didn't require a retort. It wasn't a conversation, his father was just saying it. It gave him a lot to think about for sure.

            Severus was mildly surprised that Lucius could even own up to his faults but he was guiltier at Draco's admission of the things he had gone through due to The Dark Lord. "I apologize for not being there for you more. Perhaps if I had then you wouldn't have felt the need to become a deatheater." Things during that time were quite hectic but he should have done more to convince The Dark Lord that having Draco as a deatheater would have been a bad idea. Or perhaps just gotten Narcissa and Draco somewhere safe so that his godson wouldn't have been forced into being a deatheater.

            Draco sighed. "Uncle Sev it wasn't like that. You don't need to apologize. I have made peace with my choices. I would do it all over again if I had to. Becoming a deatheater was the worst decision I have ever made but I am okay with it. Do I wish things could have turned out differently? Definitely. Would I change them if I could? No. Sometimes things happen in life that are just out of your control. You can either get with it or spend the rest of your life regretting things that you will never be able to change. I choose to move on with my life. So please don't feel bad for the way my life has turned out. Because despite the hard moments, my life had led me to the happiness that I now have."

            Severus for the first time today really grasped the concept that Draco had lived three lives. There was a profound attitude to him that went past his 18 years. It was hard to just let it go though. No 18-year-old should've had to live through what Draco had. He couldn't understand how Draco was able to let it all go. "How?" Severus questioned. "How are you able to just let it all go?"

            Draco smiled softly and raised his arms up over his head to wrap them around the bit of Harry that he could reach. "Harry. I would do anything as long as the end result brought me him. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for him. So living through what I did was shite, no denying that. But a harsh life is just a small price to pay for the eternal happiness that Harry brings me. There is no use in wallowing over the past when I can focus on the happy future that I know is before me."

            Harry held Draco tighter to him and smiled sappily. Oh goodness this man was his whole world. Harry nuzzled the side of Draco's head and leaned in to whisper, "I love you."

            Draco's smile lit up his face. "Oh I love you too." He said with a happy sigh.

            Pansy and Narcissa sighed and stared at them with a hint of adoration.