To Be Taken Over

Draco immediately pulled up every bit of occlumency that he could muster and shut out the bond the best that he could. There would be no relying on the bond or the darkness might turn around and attack him again. It nearly killed him to block out the bond. It felt like he was losing a piece of himself. In a way that was true. The bond was a piece of Harry that was always inside of him and now he felt so empty and alone without it. He was missing the bond already and it filled with a sense of being incomplete.

            He was a little concerned at how quickly the darkness took his lover over. At the burrow, he had felt an odd sensation through the bond and then Harry was taken over. Not to mention there had been a buildup of anger back then. Draco hadn't even felt a buildup this time, it was as if a switch had been turned on and then suddenly the darkness had taken over.

            Lucius looked to his son in horror. This was not something that they had thought could happen. If he had known that Harry was having trouble with the darkness he never would've had them in here. He was blaming himself for not considering that this could happen. He had no idea how they were going to be able to get Harry back from the darkness. He was out of his element when it came to something like this. He just hoped that Draco had a plan because his son was the one that brought Harry back last time.

            "What did you do to Luna?" The darkened voice of Harry asked again. Finneus shook slightly as he felt the darkness inside of Potter expand. The amount that he thought had been inside of Potter had just doubled. The sheer depth of the darkness was staggering. When it had been the original amount he had wondered how Potter could manage it but now... now it was even more than he ever would've believed. He was at a loss to even explain how the darkness doubled. Finneus can sense all kinds of magic and he should've been able to detect the full strength of the darkness, so this was actually worrying him. Either it was a failure on his part to have overlooked the amount that had been there... or the darkness was growing.

            "She's alive." Finneus gasped out. The room felt barren of air. His head began to swim from the lack of oxygen. The more he tried to breathe in the more he felt deprived. Something was going on and he had no idea what it was. He clutched at this throat trying to force it to take in the air that he knew was in the room. Was this a mental issue? Was there really air but his mind was telling him there wasn't? Or was this Potter messing with him? Finneus looked up at Potter and his heart sank when he saw the feral smirk. Potter was fucking with him.

            Finneus breathed a sigh of relief when he was suddenly able to breathe. He gasped in air greedily like it was the last time he was ever going to breathe again. For all he knew, it really was. He barely had any time to enjoy his newly functioning lungs when Potter shot out a hand and gripped his throat tightly. Well there went his air supply again. Finneus knew that his eyes were bugged out and that his face was probably red from the lack of oxygen but that was out of his hands. What a terrible way to die.

            "Is she unharmed?" Finneus winced at the question. There was no way to lie around that inquiry. Well, there was but it would probably end bad for him if he was to lie and then be found out. He glared the best that he could with someone's hand on his throat because if Potter wanted an answer then he was going to have to remove his hand so that he could talk.

            Potter didn't remove his hand but he did lighten up on his hold, which allowed Finneus to take giant gasps of air. His chest was hurting from the force of trying to gain air back into his lungs. Finneus's brain was going fuzzy from the constant restriction of oxygen and then the sudden release of pleasure to be able to breathe again. This was already frying his nerves. He couldn't handle much more of this or he knew that he would pass out.