Letters

Harry was currently in the study at Grimwald place pouring over many of the law books that the black family library had. He was rather surprised at how many of them there were. Although, them being a questionable pureblood family who was used to getting their way shouldn't have surprised him. Harry had already sent out a letter to Kingsley asking for the records he needed to look over. He would have to drop by Gringotts soon as well and see if they could help him out. Harry sighed, there was so much to do.

Harry was trying not to think about his letter. Was it too soon? Would Draco reply? Would he think his letter silly? Was his invite too forward? He was a bumbling mess of nerves. He sighed and grabbed a quill determined to focus. Harry tried putting Draco and the letter in the back of his mind. He was going to find a way to ensure that Draco and his family would come out of this trial unscathed. Part of him loathed to help Lucius in any way but he couldn't help but feel bad for him as well. If Lucius really had regretted joining Voldemort than he had to do this. The man wasn't as brave as Snape though. He could see the cowardice in the senior Malfoy to just go along with the homicidal maniac. If he had truly wanted out, then he could have found a way. Like Snape. The thought alone sent a little guilt through him. Not everyone is brave though. There was a reason Lucius was not put into Gryffindor. The slimy git. He would definitely be having a long talk with the man after this was all said and done with, that's for sure. Also he wasn't about to help Lucius for free either. He knew the man would never stop trying to run Draco's life. Harry would help Lucius with this trial in return for something much more valuable than the man would be willing to part with. But the beauty of the man's sensitive position would entail that he didn't have a leg to stand on. Harry would get what he wanted. That much he was certain. And there wasn't a damn thing Lucius Malfoy could do to stop him.

A tapping on his window cut off any further thoughts. He looked over and could see the owl he gifted Draco with. Harry rushed over quickly and yanked the window open. The owl hooted appreciatively. Harry was excited to get a reply. He pat the owl on the head as he took off the letter. He ripped open the envelope.

Harry. The real savior,

I was a little surprised to see you write to me so quickly. To be honest I was about to write to you myself so don't feel bad. I miss your company as well. I am intrigued about what this 'project' of yours is. Perhaps you could give me a hint? I would love to accept your invitation. Is tomorrow too soon? Say noon?

Crazy cat lady? You are quite right that I had no idea what that was. The only thing that came to mind was Umbridge and her weird obsession with cats. She is a right loon so maybe that expression applies to her. I am astounded that you think you will never find love. You are quite the heartthrob. I do believe that I will be the one to have a bunch of cats. Could you imagine the manor filled to the brim of so many furry animals? I think it would give my father a heart attack. What a way to go.

Speaking of my father, I told him. I was so scared. But I didn't let him see it. I even threatened him. Me. I actually threatened him. Good gods I thought he was going to kill me. He ended up saying that he couldn't force me into anything and that I needed to decide before the end our do over year at Hogwarts what I want to do. What a load of rubbish. It's like he forgets exactly who he has been training to take over his place. I know sneaky like the back of my hand. He is planning something. I just don't know what. I couldn't believe that he didn't have a back up plan in place. Not very Slytherin if you ask me. I am ashamed. Slytherin rule #20: A good Slytherin knows to always have contingency plans. I am still shocked it went so smoothly. It is thanks to you though. I wouldn't have had the courage otherwise.