St. Mungo's and Their Awful Staff

As soon as they landed in the visitor's section, Draco quickly put on glamour charms. They did not need to attract attention right now. Harry looked around and noticed that they were busy. Great. They waited at the reception desk for a while. The man in front of them was mumbling things like, 'They are coming to get me.' And, 'I know they are out there.' The man kept looking around the room as if he was looking for all the different ways he could escape. Harry thought the man was acting rather oddly but he figured that a lot of people might be odd since the war.

            "Next!" The Welcome Witch shouted. Harry thought her people skills could use some serious help. If you don't like your job than at least pretend to do so. Her boredom was clearly visible. It made her job title completely redundant since she was far from welcoming.

            "I know you are working for the government, who keeps a watch on everything that I do." The man told the Welcome Witch.

            "Right." She said slowly, eyeing the man with interest. "What seems to be the problem today?"

            The man looked around again and eyed Harry and Draco with suspicion before looking back at the lady behind the desk. "Did you know the radios in all homes are listening to all your conversations and reporting them back to the Ministry?" Draco snorted a tad too loudly and Harry groaned internally when the man turned and glared at them.

            "You think I am kidding, do you? I bet you are one of them!" He yelled loudly, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. "You work for them, don't you?! A spy in normal attire! Everyone look away before they start cataloguing you! There is no privacy anymore!" Harry was positive he had never met anyone so odd before.

            The guards on duty quickly grabbed hold of the guy, which just made him start screeching about the hospital being in on the whole thing. "I knew you guys joined the Ministry! Is there no safe places anymore??"

            The Welcome Witch narrowed her eyes at the man before smiling slightly. "Fourth Floor- Spell Damage. I do believe he is the victim of a Paranoia jinx." She paused briefly as he started shouting about being the only one 'awake' in a world full of blind sheep "A powerful one." She added with a nod of her head.

            The guards dragged the man away and hopefully up to the floor where he would be receiving help. The Welcome Witch gave them an actual smile and not her bored indifferent grimace she had been gifting everyone. Apparently, all it takes to cheer her up is drama. What a lovely person.  

            "Welcome to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. How may I be of assistance to you today?" The cheeriness to her tone was actually grating on Harry's nerves. He was debating on which was worse, her boredom or her happiness.

            "We are here to see a patient. Luna Lovegood." Draco told her. He thought Harry's annoyance was funny. His lover wasn't much of a people person, which was kind of surprising.

            The girl began flipping through a book on the desk. "She has been moved to the Janus Thickey Ward." There was sympathy in her voice and Harry didn't like it.

            "But isn't that the permanent residence for people who won't get better?" Harry asked as his heart started beating faster. Had Luna been more harmed than just her eyes being taken? Had Finneus lied to them?

            Draco took Harry's hand and pushed him a wave of calming through the bond. Harry breathed a couple times before instantly relaxing. The Welcome Witch eyed Draco curiously but looked back to Harry.