Children and Confessions

"But what about children? And the wizard population? It is selfish to marry the same sex when you can't produce off spring to help the dying population. The wizarding world has seen a decrease in the population and if more people are openly gay and in marriages then that won't help anything." Hermione argued.

            "For someone so book smart you know nothing about our customs." Charlie said darkly. Hermione looked hurt. Charlie was sounding just like Malfoy! Charlie paid no mind to this. He wasn't about to care what she thought of him after saying that he didn't have the right to marry just because he was in love with a man.

            "It's not her fault." Ron said glaring at his older brother. "She was raised like that."

            Harry scoffed. "So. I was raised by a homophobic twat of an uncle and I have no problems with a man marrying a man." Harry said ignoring the fact that he himself was going to marry a man. Harry felt the amusement from Draco through the bond. Fred and George tried to hide their smiles. Bill and Fleur didn't even try hiding their humor. Charlie looked at them in confusion. He couldn't understand what Harry said that was funny.

            "It is ironic when you think about it." Harry mused. "You have been prejudiced and looked down upon by wizards because of your blood status. Something you can't control. But yet you yourself look down upon people who want to marry the same sex. Which is something they can't control. You love who you love. This is all rather hypocritical if you ask me. You want equality for you but don't care about it for other people." Harry said frowning at the whole concept.

            "It's just wrong!" Hermione cried out in frustration.

            Harry looked at her in disgust. "How can love ever be wrong?"

            Hermione wasn't sure what to say to that. Charlie cleared his throat. "You talked about us being selfish because we are not bringing children into the world but you are wrong." Hermione looked up confused.

            "Most magical male creatures can become pregnant. When the time is right for Demetri and I, he will be able to carry our children. Not all creatures but a big chunk of them. Werewolves, Incubi, Centaurs and male Veela. Although male Veela are nearly extinct. There are tons more but it would take forever to name. Now for wizards there are experimental potions out right now that can temporarily provide a womb for the male wanting to carry the child. It is still in development but that is an option. The usual method is finding a surrogate, which there are plenty of agencies, and then preforming blood rituals. It has to be done while the baby is still in the womb but it ties both of the wizards' blood to the unborn child and the child will develop with both sets of DNA and magic inside them. The ritual actually gets rid of the surrogate's magical signature and DNA. Really all that the surrogate provides is the egg. After the rituals are performed the baby is one hundred percent the two wizards' child." Charlie explained a little shortly. He was still offended.

            Draco raised his brows a little surprised. That was an incredibly dark ritual. Messing with the blood of a child and erasing their DNA to start over with both sets of the males, was indeed dark. Charlie was correct in stating that it was the most popular option but it didn't erase the dark nature of the ritual. Blood rituals are never light. Especially not with what these rituals were doing. It was actually pretty hypocritical. The wizarding world was always looking down on those who perform dark magic but don't even bat an eye when it comes to the children of those rituals. Not that Draco cared about that, it was just the principle of the matter.

            "And the process for two women is pretty much the same. All they would require is male semen, which is at the same agencies, and then the blood rituals are preformed and the only DNA left will be the two witches." Draco piped up.