Malfoy Manor and Explanations

Once they were all settled in the dining room, the house elves brought in drinks for everyone. Lucius cleared his throat. "If you don't mind me asking Mister Potter, is there really a prophecy with the Malfoy name on it?" That had been one thing during the trial that really intrigued him. Lucinda was his mother and she never mentioned a prophecy. Not that that was really surprising. She never had much contact with him anyways. Always preferred to have the house elves tell him what she wanted done of him. Neither of his parents had been the maternal kind. Bastards, the lot of them.

Harry snorted. "Call me Harry. I am dating your son and considering what I went through back there, it would make sense." Lucius nodded his agreement, he did not however request the same of him.

"To answer your question, fuck if I know." At everyone's astonished expressions Harry elaborated with a small chuckle. "You were there that night, rows upon rows of prophecies came tumbling down. Including the section with last names starting with the letter 'M'. Who's to say if Lucinda Malfoy really had a prophecy there. No one will ever know. They don't keep backup records. I checked."

Silence was the answer that greeted him. Harry could feel Draco's pride for him and it pleased Harry to no end. Lucius was the first to recover. "How positively Slytherin of you." He remarked in astonishment. Harry blatantly lied to the Wizengamot and got away with it? His story had seemed so plausible the he had also assumed there had been one. Impressive indeed.

Harry smirked. "Mm, isn't it?" By their expressions, Draco was the only one not surprised by the admission. Draco knew how Slytherin Harry could be. It was one of the many things he loved the most about him.

"Did the goblins tell you about my donations?" Lucius asked a little disgruntled at the thought of the goblins just disclosing his personal life. That went against several treaties the Ministry had with the goblins. If the trial had gone another way, he might have raised a stink over that. Still could, if he wanted to.

"Merlin no. They are still ticked off that I managed to break into Gringotts. They have taken it as a personal slight on their whole race. It's a nightmare trying to take my money out in peace. They insist on sending out a legion of goblins if I want to go to my vaults. They wouldn't help me even if their lives depended on it." Harry paused to take a drink of pumpkin juice. He had always known that goblins weren't particularly friendly but since the break in, they have been downright nasty. They made Dudley and his gang look like goody two shoes. The vile evil green little gits. It was just a simple job really. Go in, steal a cup, take a dragon and smash out. Okay, so he could understand some of their anger but they managed it with inside help. Were the goblins upset with Griphook? Doubtful. It wasn't like he did it alone either. He doubted Hermione and Ron were facing the same scrutiny. So they broke in, it wasn't the end of the world. He paid for the damages. Alone, he might add. Honestly their extra security was an insult. Did they expect him to steal again?

At Lucius's impatient look, Harry continued. "I had to imperio one of the workers." Lucius's mouth dropped open which Harry took as a great victory to fluster the blonde so much. Harry figured that they never thought he would do something like that. He did it during the war the first time. Harry could almost picture the type of scolding he would receive if he had told Hermione. But she would have tried to tell him that the first time around was justified because they needed to get the Horcrux. But that is where Harry's opinion differed with hers. You can't justify it during the war but think it wrong to do so after. Either it was wrong both times or the ends justified the means. Harry was more inclined to believe that it was wrong both times but he just didn't care. He would do it again if he had to. Sometimes morals just didn't matter. Hey, that sounded like a perfect Slytherin Rule. He wondered if he mailed the author, if he could get them to add that to the next edition.