Silent Communication

Harry looked around the room trying to understand where this feeling was coming from. His eyes locked onto wide brown eyes and all the breath left him in a whoosh. These were eyes he remembered very well. 700 years did nothing to hide the insane glint to those wild eyes. He was staring at the shocked face of Finneus Flamel.

            Draco felt the panic and fear from Harry and he swung his face towards him. He noticed that his lover was locked in an odd stare off with the tester. He wondered if this was the person that Harry had sensed earlier, or if this was something else. The person didn't look remotely familiar so that didn't help him there.

            Blaise looked up when he noticed that neither Harry or Draco responded to the twins' words. He noticed immediately that something was wrong. Draco looked worried and Harry looked like he had just seen a ghost. Blaise nudged Pansy lightly and nodded his head in Draco's direction.

            Pansy frowned when Blaise broke her concentration, she was trying to count how long the sulfur in their Lucky Lozenge could maintain its consistency. She looked up to snap at him or at the very least sigh but she froze at the expression on his face. She slowly turned her head towards Harry and Draco as to not raise suspicion. She didn't know what was going on but her Slytherin instincts to be discreet were kicking in.

            Finneus couldn't believe it. After he lost the two men earlier he feared that he would never come across such power again. The smell was intoxicating. Its rich aroma smelt sweeter than any flower in existence. He could feel the glands in his mouth producing more saliva as he nearly salivated. The room was so small that the power had nowhere to go and it was radiating off of the man in front of him. So much raw power. He could feel the haze of his mind start to go slightly fuzzy and he knew it was the power working overdrive to his senses. He felt drunk and alive. More alive than he has felt in centuries. His skin was nearly vibrating with the sheer aura of the man's presence. Oh, he wanted. He wanted this power. He wanted to immerse himself and never stop. If this power was like a pool of water, then he wanted to drown himself and get carried away in the waves of its energy.

            Harry felt sick. Utterly sick. There was something so awful about the man that made his stomach twist and want to empty its contents. There was such a darkness to him. A brewing storm of absolute evil radiating off of him. It was almost tangible. It was almost too much. He wanted to tear his eyes away and either run away or fight to the death. But he couldn't stop staring. It was almost as if his eyes couldn't believe what he was seeing. He had known that the Flamels were still alive but to actually see one of them was an entirely different thing. He did have to admit that Finneus was probably the most tame out of the family but that wasn't much comfort considering the man was a raving lunatic. Finneus hadn't aged a single day since the last time that Harry had seen him as Ethan. He thought that maybe the teen would've waited a couple years before taking the Elixir. Who would want to remain a teenager for the rest of their lives? Being a teenager is the awkward stage where you are considered an adult but not wise enough to be taken seriously. He couldn't imagine going through nearly 700 years as a teenager.

            His appearance was nearly the same as well. Finneus's hair was longer but it was the same shade of sandy brown that it had once been. Harry wasn't sure what he had expected when he finally saw Finneus again but it sure wasn't this. He never thought the man would be employed by the twins or just so openly around in public. He thought they would have to search for a long time just to come up with a whisper of their whereabouts. Things falling literally right in front of him was not something that he had ever prepared for. He wasn't sure what to do or how to go about this. He couldn't release his glamour charms or Finneus might recognize him. Harry didn't think that Finneus would assume he was Ethan. Because his family had killed him. But he might think he was a descendant of Ethan's.