I Do What I Want

Harry laughed at Draco's shocked face. "Yes I know what you are thinking. But I didn't need it. The wand does not make the wizard. I was perfectly capable of killing Voldemort without any special wand. I didn't even kill him with my own wand. I used yours." Draco was once again stunned. Harry used his wand? His wand killed Voldemort?

Harry smirked at his facial features again. He would never get over shocking Draco. It was far better than angering him like he used to. "Which reminds me." Harry began as he reached back into his bag. He pulled out Draco's wand and handed it to him. Draco's eyes lit up and he looked at Harry with wide eyes. "I believe this is yours." Harry said gently.

"Your giving this back to me?" Draco asked thickly like he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Of course Draco. It is your wand not mine. I thank you very much for it though. The couple months I had it was of good use. It worked just as well as mine did. I did not mean to steal it back there but I am grateful that I had it." Harry apologized. Draco shook away the apology. "Thank you for giving this back to me Harry. It means a lot." Draco said smiling warmly before he yanked Harry into his arms and holding him tightly.

Harry closed his eyes at the contact. He could get used to this, being in Draco's arms was so refreshing. So warm. Not even a fire ever got him this warm. He felt so safe. So protected. So cared for. He never wanted it to go away. Draco pulled away with a questioning gaze.

"So you had all three hallows? You were like a master of death or like a master of the Hallows? That is amazing." Draco said in an awed voice. Harry chuckled. "I suppose but that is not what I was after. I am happy with just the cloak though. I don't need the other two." Draco nodded in understanding.

"So the cloak is how I could never figure out what you three used to get into." Draco mused with amusement. Harry laughed. "Yes. We used the cloak to sneak out at night all the time. We used to all fit underneath it when we were younger. Now I doubt two of us could fit." Harry said with a smile.

Draco smirked. "Do you want to test that theory?" Draco breathed out quietly. The tone of his voice caused Harry to shiver slightly. Draco noticed this and his smirk grew bigger. Harry smirked back. "Maybe another time." Harry replied raising a lone eyebrow. Draco's smirk turned into a smile. "I will hold you to that Harry." He warned. Harry smiled sweetly.

Harry's smile fell as he thought about something that has been bothering him. Draco frowned, wondering what was up with the sudden mood change. "Draco can I ask you something?" Harry asked nervously. Draco nodded as he said, "Anything Harry." Harry took a deep breath.

"What if... what if I really did die?" Draco's breath hitched. "What?" Draco asked a little scared at the question and very confused. "What if what died that day wasn't the Horcrux? What if... what if I am not... good. What if all that's left is the bit of him?" Harry looked down not meeting Draco's eyes. "Oh Harry, what makes you think that?" Draco asked more calmly then he felt. On the inside his heart was breaking for the boy who lived through so much. He wasn't sure how to handle this. He was so inept at the emotional support aspect of things. What if he made it worse?

"Look at the locket. It twisted Ron's emotions and got to him after being on him for a short time. Ginny was possessed after a year of writing in the diary. Voldemort's soul was inside me for 17 years Draco. Way longer than them. What if it twisted me? What if who I am is not really me? What if the soul inside me merged with my own? Who is to say what died that day was even me? I told you how I have always had anger issues. Well I thought that was just my connection with Voldemort. But he is gone and I am still angry. So angry. All these negative feelings and thoughts that I thought would go away when he died are still here. It makes me wonder if anything that is left is still good. I am scared Draco. I don't want to be evil. I don't want to be like this." Harry said as he laid his head down on Draco's shoulder and closed his eyes. He didn't want to see what his confession did to Draco. He didn't want to see the disgust that he feared was there.