Pilot

So the first two or three chapters will be based on Davina growing up

June 11th 1993 (I know that's not Davina's birth date but in my story it is)

Stefan's pov

A year and a half ago I met a girl, her name was Marnie Claire she's a beautiful woman with sparkling blue eyes, radiant tanned skinned and dark brown hair, she was no older than 18 when I met her and now it appears she's gotten even more beautiful at the fine age of 19. I originally met Marnie when she was running from her coven, you see Marnie wasn't an ordinary human she was in fact rather special, she was a witch a powerful one to be exact and her coven wanted to sacrifice her in a blood ritual called the harvest in order to gain more power and she ran when she found out what the harvest really meant, so the coven chased her and she came to Chicago and that's how we met, she bumped into me and ever since I helped keep her safe from the witches who wanted to kill her. Within a month I grew immensely in love with her and we got together, two months into the relationship we made love for the first time and it was epic but a couple weeks later she fell ill which worried me but then we found out why she was ill, she's pregnant with my child much to our surprise considering I'm a vampire and we supposedly can't reproduce but somehow I did and it's a miracle after I was turned all my dreams of becoming a father went out the window but here I am sitting in a waiting room to see a witch who specialises in supernatural pregnancies with Marnie, she's currently 8 months pregnant and we are having a little girl which I'm beyond happy about as even though I would've liked to have a son, the idea of having a daughter makes my unbeating heart swell with joy and protectiveness, I'm gonna spoil my little girl rotten like the little princess she already is. "How are you feeling?" I ask Marnie "nervous" she replies fiddling with her fingers "there's nothing to worry about I'm here" I say placing a hand on top of hers "I know this little girl is lucky to have a father as caring as you" she says with that beautiful smile of hers "she's lucky to have a mother as stunning and kind as you" I say making her blush "oh stop" she giggles swatting my hand away "Miss Claire" a woman calls out making us look up instantly "here" Marnie replies standing up "come right this way" the woman instructs. We follow her into a room, Marnie lies down on the bed pulling her shirt up so the nurse can check the baby, the nurse gently presses around her bump feeling for the baby "she's currently positioned head down which is a good thing she also appears to be quite the wiggle bottom" says the nurse making the two of us chuckle, the nurse then does an ultrasound to check the baby "everything seems to be growing nicely" says the nurse pointing out parts of her body but I completely ignore what she's saying as I focus on the monitor showing my child even though I've seen this a few times now it still makes me emotional because well why wouldn't I? That's my child my blood.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A month later

11th July 1993

"It's alright Marnie just breath and push" I say to Marnie as calmly as possible as she's currently in labour giving birth to our child "ahhhh it hurts so bad!" She screams in agony as she pushes "I know but the more you push the quicker our daughter will be here" I coo rubbing her shoulder with one hand as I hold her hand with the other "ahhhh I can't do this!" She yells out as she gives a big push "yes you can not long now" I say before looking back at the doctor and midwives hovering by her "give us a few more big pushes Miss Claire we can see the head" says the doctor Marnie does as the doctor says and pushes with all her might "ahhhh!" She yells as she pushes again "one more big push" says the doctor getting ready to catch the baby, she breaths through her nose before giving another big push and falls back tiredly just as a loud cry breaks out through the room, I look at the doctor who is holding my daughter and giving her a quick clean before letting me cut her umbilical cord and passing her to a midwife to be checked "where's my baby?" Marnie asks "right here Miss Claire" a midwife says walking over with our daughter in her arms wrapped in a white blanket, I watch as she gently passes her to Marnie who gasps in awe as she looks at the baby in her arms "Stefan she's perfect" she says stroking her cheeks "she's absolutely beautiful" I say tearfully as I take in my daughter's sleeping figure she's so small her features are soft a cute button nose, slight chubby cheeks, pinks lips, her skin is a mix between fare and olive, she has little bits of brown hair scattered across her head, she's just beautiful "do you have a name?" The doctor asks while taking notes "yes her name is Davina" I say while looking at Marnie who smiles at me "second name?" He asks "Claire Salvatore it's double barreled" Marnie says shocking me as we didn't really talk about who's second name she'll get but Claire Salvatore is perfect "welcome to the world Davina Claire Salvatore" the doctor says taking a picture of the three of us.

2 days later

I wake up to Davina crying, I look to the side to find Marnie not there, with a frown I get up and walk over to the crib and gently pick up Davina "hey sweetie daddy's here" I coo rocking her gently "I wonder where your mommy's gone" I coo to her as I look around the apartment we share. After I've fed and changed Davina I place her in the bassinet and head back into our bedroom and only just now noticing an envelope with my name on it placed on her vanity, I go to pick it up but just as I do there's a knock at the door, perhaps that's Marnie but she has a key to the apartment so why would she knock, I open the door only to come face to face with my brother Damon who I haven't seen in 3 years "Damon" I say "hello brother may I come in" he says "that depends are you here to cause trouble?" I ask "can't I visit my little brother without being accused of causing trouble" he smirks "Damon I don't think it's a good idea" I say and just on cue Davina starts crying "well what do you got there?" He asks looking over my shoulder to see the bassinet that Davina's lying in "none of your business but come in" I say walking over to the bassinet and picking her up "don't tell me you're feeding from babies now? Not cool bro" he says "get lost Damon" I say as quietly but sternly as possible "who is the child?" He asks "she's my daughter" I say without looking at him "impossible vampires can't have children" he says "well I did" I say "so she's my niece?" He asks "yes" I say "what's the little cuties name?" He asks looking at her over my shoulder "Davina Claire-Salvatore" I say "oh so who is the mother or do you not know who the mother is?" He asks "my girlfriend Marnie she's a witch" I say "of course your baby mama would be a witch so where is she?" He asks "that's the thing I don't know" I say "ohh I smell drama" he says "shut it Damon" I say placing Davina back in her bassinet "sorry just trying to lighten the mood so did she leave a note saying where she went?" He asks "there's an envelope with my name on it in our room but I haven't opened it yet" I say "well go open it and read I'll stay here and watch Davina" he says sitting down in the chair situated next to Davina's bassinet, I head back into the room and grab the envelope, opening it on my way back to the living room, I sit down across from Damon as I start to read the letter out loud

'Dear Stefan
By the time you read this, I will be gone far from here and I won't be coming back as my coven the witches that wanted to sacrifice me for more power have found me and do I must leave both you and Davina to keep you safe, my coven can't know about either of you especially Davina if they found out about her they'd try to sacrifice her too just to spite me for running away and I can't have that so I leave with a heavy heart but I know the two of you will be okay as long as you have each other but be careful Stefan I have no doubt that Davina will one day soon tap into her magic and she will need guidance and protection from both witches and vampires so please protect our daughter with your life as I know you will and please tell Davina that I love her I don't want her thinking I don't love her, the hardest thing about writing this is I don't even know if we'll see each other again but just know I love you both so much​

Love Marnie,

"I can't believe it she's gone" I say "hey it's going to be okay" Damon says in an attempt to comfort me "is it? How am I supposed to raise a child on my own I'm a Vampire what if I lose control of my hunger?" I say "Stefan calm down you're not gonna raise Davina alone I'm here I'll help you but you must keep yourself together for that little girl as she needs you" he says I smile at him "thanks Damon" I say "no problem bro" he says punching my shoulder making me roll my eyes.

Davina is a witch but she has Vampire blood in her veins so if she suddenly dies then she will come back a vampire. next chapter coming up next.

Vote and comment