Failed

At the Salvatore house

No one's pov

Damon and Elena were in the living room arguing "I can't believe you would do such a thing!" Damon yelled at his girlfriend "Damon I had to do something, I couldn't let Stefan marry that wench he deserves a lot better!" Elena defended Damon glared at her in response "that wench is now my sister in law and she makes my brother happy! She's good for him and he needs that! You had no right to try and meddle with his relationship!" Damon yelled "I was concerned for him!" Elena retorted feeling her eyes tear up that she and Damon were arguing, the least to say she wasn't expecting this. "Why were you concerned? Because he loved someone that wasn't you! Did you want to be the one up there on that alter marrying Stefan?!" Damon yelled Elena went silent breaking Damon's heart. "Y-you really do still love him?" Damon asked growing frustrated when she didn't reply to him so he punched the wall making a dent appear startling Elena "do you even love me?" He asked feeling tears sting his eyes "of course I love you Damon. You're the love of my life and the person I want to spend the rest of my life with" Elena said stepping towards her boyfriend "if you love me then tell me why did you try to sabotage Marnie and Stefan's wedding?" He asked needing to know the truth "because I care about his happiness and well being" Elena replied "Stefan is happy with Marnie. The way he is with her it's how he was when he was a human before Katherine walked into our lives and screwed us over" Damon said "Damon I'm sorry" Elena said feeling guilty that she upset her boyfriend. Elena went to hug him but Damon took a step back making Elena look at him with hurt in her eyes "what about Katherine? Why the hell did you let her out? You knew what she did to us, to Stefan, to Marnie and to Davina and you knew how much it hurt Stefan and me so why did you do it?" Damon asked "I figured if I failed to stop the wedding she would" Elena replied feeling awful and heartbroken as Damon looked at with such disgust in his eyes. "I don't think I can do this" Damon said shaking his head "what do you mean? You can't do what Damon?" Elena asked "I can't be with you anymore" he said the words that shattered Elena's heart but it was nowhere near as shattered as Damon's. "What but Damon I love you" Elena said teary eyed she couldn't lose Damon he was the love of her life "I love you too Elena but you're toxic. You've hurt so many people without realizing it as you think it's for the better but it's not so I'm so sorry Elena but I can't be with you anymore" Damon replied tears streamed down Elena's face at his words "Damon please don't do this. I'll make it up to you" she said Damon shook his head "that's the thing I'm not the one you need to make it up too. You've not just hurt me but you've hurt Stefan, Marnie, Davina, Caroline and so many others" Damon pointed out "Damon please I can change I'll be better just don't break up with me" Elena pleaded "I wish I could believe you Elena but that's the thing I don't believe you nor do I trust you" Damon replied ignoring Elena's pleas as he walked towards the door. "If you love me we can get through this" Elena said reaching for his hand but he just pulled his hand back "love can't fix everything Elena now if you would please leave. Don't make this any harder than it has too be" Damon said opening the front door to let her out "I promise I'll make everything better again" Elena said with tears streaming down her face as she stepped outside "if you mean making things better by eliminating Marnie, Davina or the Mikaelsons then I don't want to know in fact if you try to come between Marnie and Stefan or try something on Davina or Neveah then I will kill you" Damon threatened shocking Elena "Damon" she gasped horrified that he threatened her "don't hurt my family Elena, just leave them alone and live your life" Damon said before shutting the door in her face and walking away as Elena slide down the door in tears.

Elena was making her way home when she spotted Stefan stood on her porch, at first when she saw him she smiled but that smile soon faded when she saw the look on his face, he had a very angry look on his face and it made her nervous as she'd never seen Stefan look so angry. "S-Stefan what are you doing here?" She asked "surprised to see me? Trust me I had no plans on seeing you since I've just got married and I'm suppose to be in bed with my beautiful wife but you've really ticked me off today" Stefan replied glaring at her "Stefan I can explain" Elena said "fine go on. Tell me your excuse why you released Katherine and set out to ruin my wedding and my relationship with Marnie" Stefan said folding his arms as he awaited his ex-girlfriends response. "I'm still in love with you and I can't bare the thought of you being with anybody else. We belong together Stefan not you and Marnie she's no good for you" Elena said reaching for his hand but he just pulled his hand back and took a step back. Stefan chuckled as he shook his head at the nerve Elena had to do and say such a thing "you are nothing to me" Stefan said coldly making her flinch "that's not exactly true because you once loved me and called me the love of your life" Elena said "I may have loved you but it was nothing compared to my love for Marnie. Truth is Elena you were just a passing phase to fill the void in my heart that Marnie and Davina left but I started waking up when I found out my daughter was alive and when I saw Marnie again I truly felt alive again" Stefan said "Stefan there must be a part of you deep down that still loves me" Elena said he shook his head "there isn't all I feel for you is resentment and regret" Stefan said beginning to walk round Elena. "I refuse to believe that" Elena said pulling Stefan by the arm and turning him to face her before he even had the chance to think "I love you and you love me" Elena said before jumping up on Stefan and kissing him but the moment her lips touch his, Stefan immediately pushes her off him and wipes his mouth "I don't love you! How many times do I have to tell you that! You are nothing to me anymore!" He yelled angry that she had the nerve to kiss him. Elena's eyes got teary "I'm sorry" she said "you're not sorry! If anyone doesn't deserve someone it's you. You don't deserve me or Damon!" Stefan yelled making Elena flinch "let me make it up to you" she cried Stefan scoffed in disgust "I want nothing from you! All I want is you to leave me and my family alone that includes Kol and his siblings too" Stefan said before vamp speeding away leaving Elena in tears.

Elena stormed into her house and slammed the door shut before letting out a scream "stupid. You're so stupid" she said to herself smacking herself in the face. She stormed up to her room as hot tears streamed down her face, Elena was devastated and angry. She was devastated that she lost Stefan and Damon, she was angry with herself that she failed to sabotage Marnie and Stefan's wedding, angry that she screwed up with Damon, angry that she stooped to Katherine's level and on top of that she was feeling guilty. Knowing very well that something terrible awaited Davina because of her, because she was selfish and she didn't know if she could change it.

End of chapter

What did you think?

Damon and Elena argued, Damon dumped her and kicked her out. Stefan confronted Elena and she kissed him but he rejected her. What will happen next? Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment