The ball

Fare warning this chapter is based on the ball but there's a few changes Kol doesn't try to attack Matt but he does get in a fight with Damon I also will apologize if things are the wrong way round but it's all the nonetheless.

Friday

Davina's pov

I exit my bathroom to find a rectangular box on my bed that's odd as there was nothing on my bed when I went for a shower, frowning I walk over to my bed and pick up the envelope that was on top, I open the envelope to see there's a card inside, a little smile appears on my face as I read the words

Dear Davina

You are here by invited to the Mikaelson ball tonight to celebrate our families return to Mystic falls, we would love for you to attend the grand event

Join us for dancing and cocktails

From the Mikaelsons

I flip the card over to find something else written on the back

Be my date tonight? Open the box I think you will like what's inside I want you to wear it to the ball I hope to see you there my beautiful darling

Love Kol xx

I feel my heart start hammering in my chest as I grab hold of the sides of the box and I slowly lift off the lid and gasp as I see a beautiful light blue dress inside, perfect for a ball I thought as I gently lift the dress out the box and straighten it out on the bed so I get a better view of it, the dress is beautiful it's a long sky blue dress with off the shoulder straps and the bodice is see through and made out of lace, there are blue flowers scattered near and around the waist area, it's just beautiful Kol did a very good job of picking out this dress. I look over at the clock and see it's 5 O'clock I should start getting ready as the ball starts at 7 pm and it will take me a while to get ready and I know I will have to sneak to the ball as I know my dad and uncle won't let me go to the ball, ever since the day dad, uncle, Bonnie and Elena rallied round to try and tell me to break up with Kol, my dad and uncle have been making sure I don't leave the house they've been watching my every move and practically breathing down my neck just to make sure I don't try to reach out to Kol even though they haven't been able to stop me as I hide my phone so they won't take it and I place a spell on my room to prevent them from coming in or hearing me to talk to him, I'm sick of it I can't even go to the toilet without one of them following me I feel suffacated in this house and this ball will be my chance to finally get out and see Kol even though he has snook into the house to see me at least once but nobody knows that and they don't need to know.

I start doing my hair, I decided on curling my hair for the ball, once my hair is done I spray on some hairspray so it stays in place and to give it a nice glow. After doing my hair I start doing my makeup, I apply some concealer, blush, mascara and nude coloured lipstick along with some lipgloss so my lips don't look too dry. I look back to the clock and see it reads half 6 yes it took me an hour and a half  to do my hair and makeup but that's because I'm sort of a perfectionist and I like things to be perfect, I often wonder where I get it from because I know for sure my dad isn't a perfectionist he's the total opposite of a perfectionist so if I don't get it from my dad that must mean I get it from my mom, a sad smile appears on my face at the thought of my mom, I wish my mom was alive it would be great to have both parents in my life but life is cruel like that.

I start putting the dress on, it takes me at least 10 minutes to get it on because it's not exactly a type of dress you can just slip on within a minute, it's one you have to be careful with when getting dressed into, I look myself in mirror and smile I look dare I say it amazing that dress really brings out my eyes, I twirl around and watch as the dress flows out nicely as I do then I step away from the mirror and slip on a white pair of high heels.