7 years old

This chapter will the last based on Davina growing up as after this I'm doing a time jump to the present day.

Davina's pov

"Daddy uncle Damon!" I call out wondering where they are "right here sweetheart" I hear daddy say with a big smile I round the corner and see daddy drinking red stuff "daddy what is that?" I ask curiously "it's my medicine that I need to take for my condition" he says "what does it taste like?" I ask "strawberries​" he replies "yummy I like strawberries" I say "I know you're a little strawberry monster" he says tickling me making me shriek and giggle "no daddy stop that tickles!" I yell laughing "never" he says in a funny voice "please I love you daddy" I say giggling "I love you too sweetheart" he says and finally stops tickling me
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I was fast asleep when I felt something odd and I instantly woke up to find my room in flames "daddy!" I yell jumping off my bed and carefully making my way to the door without getting burned, I swing my door open and run down the hallway calling for daddy and uncle Damon "daddy uncle Damon where are you?!" I yell frightened as I couldn't see my daddy or uncle Damon did they leave me? No they wouldn't do that I'm their little girl, I bring a hand up to wipe away my tears and as I do I see someone moving from the flames I look carefully as the person comes closer to me and I soon see the person is a she but who is she and why is she here "who are you?!" I ask demandingly​ "easy there sweetie I'm here to help you I'm Katerina but you may call me Katherine" the woman who just pronounced her name as Katherine says crouching down to my level "why are you here?" I ask "I was on my way here when I noticed the apartment was on fire I called the fire apartment and I came inside as I heard you crying" she says picking me up and runs out the burning apartment really fast, how fast is this woman I thought but then I remembered "wait my daddy and uncle Damon are in there" I say to Katherine as she places me on the ground "sweetie I'm afraid they perished in the fire that's why they didn't answer you" Katherine replies looking sad "no you're lying" I say with a trembling voice "I'm afraid not sweetie they're gone" she says "no not my daddy and uncle Damon!" I yell in despair and burst into tears my daddy and uncle Damon are gone, I'll never see them again "everything's going to be okay I'm gonna look after you it's what your father would've wanted" Katherine says stroking my hair "o-okay" I say wiping my tears away the best I can as Katherine leads me away from my home and to a new one.

Stefan's pov

I wake up gasping heavily, I look to my side and see Damon sitting up groaning as he touches his neck "son of a bitch someone snapped my neck" he scowls I look around and find us in the underground parking lot of the apartment building, how on earth did we get here? "What the hell" I mutter last thing I remember I had just put Davina to bed when me and Damon heard a disturbance outside my apartment so we went to investigate only to find nobody out there but before we could turn round and go back to my apartment, our necks were snapped by someone we didn't see and now we're in a parking lot "who the hell jumped us?" Damon asks looking around "I don't know wait what time is it?" I ask "it's 2 in the morning" he replies "shit we've been out for 7 hours and Davina's been in the apartment all alone" I say worriedly "shit" Damon mutters
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Stefan stop" Damon says stopping us from going any further as we were on my way back to my apartment "what Damon?" I ask "you smell that" he says I look at him confused but I sniff the air and smell burning? "Burning" I say before speeding to my apartment only to find people in uniform going in and out my apartment "hey what the hell is happening?" I ask "sir do you live here?" One man asks "yes" I say "we're the fire department we received a call late last night about a fire disturbance and when we got here your apartment was completely burnt to the crisp" he says "my daughter she was in there" I say looking around "Sir there was no one in the apartment when we arrived" he says making my heart grow heavy "no you're lying" Damon says before heading into the apartment calling for Davina, I follow after him "Davina sweetheart come out" I say "Stefan she's not here" I hear Damon say behind me, I turn to see him sniffling as he tries to keep himself from crying "no" I say in horror "there's no sign of her" he say letting a tear slip "this can't be happening" I mutter to myself as I slide to the floor on my knees, my little girl is dead the only thing that kept me from being the monster I am, the little girl that had Damon wrapped around her finger and made him somewhat a better person "I found this" he says kneeling in front of me holding Davina's teddy bear that I bought her when she was born it was her favourite teddy, I take the bear from him and hold it close to my chest as I cry "come brother let's go" he says helping me up and leading us out the ruined apartment, I ignore all the sympathetic looks the people from the fire department are giving me, I don't need their sympathy, they probably have their little girls tucked safely in bed at home while my little girl died burning to death, that is no fate for an innocent girl like Davina, just then I feel that urge to flick the switch I mean why not I just lost the most important person in my life I might as well become the monster I was before now that my beacon of light is gone and so I do, I turn my humanity off.

No one's pov

So after that tragic night, the Salvatore brothers went separate ways as much as Damon wanted to help his little brother, he thought he needed time to grieve as did Damon as he was really close with Davina, she was his partner in crime, his little monkey and now she was gone. It took 2 years for Stefan to get his humanity back who was still very much devastated by the loss of his only child.

Katherine raised Davina in Bulgaria and while she was nice to Davina and treated her as if she was her own daughter, Davina still had a hole in her heart from the loss of her father and uncle Damon but on Davina's 13th birthday she discovered everything was a lie, that her father and uncle weren't dead and that Katherine lied to her and it had been her who started the fire in an attempt to rip Stefan of his daughter and Damon of his niece all because she was jealous that Stefan managed to father a child while being a vampire and furious that some woman had the privilege of having Stefan's child, Katherine wanted to be the one to have Stefan's child despite her being a vampire as Katherine loved Stefan and would do anything to make him hers even if it meant tearing away the person that matters most to him. Davina found this out through her powers, she always had a feeling in her heart that her father and uncle weren't really dead and she didn't exactly trust Katherine despite how nice she was to Davina but Davina knew better she knew it was fake so she seeked out a spell from a witch without Katherine knowing and she found out the truth, once she did, she packed what she could and ran away to find her father and uncle Damon.

So I hope you liked that chapter

Vote and contact