Keep them safe

Kol's pov

As soon as I enter the mansion with Davina in my arms everyone runs out of the living room "oh my gosh is she okay?" Elena says standing next to Damon "when did you get here?" Caroline asks "I heard Davina was taken by Alaric thought I'd come to support" she says "she's covered in blood you need to run her a bath and get her cleaned up" her mother says looking worried I nod and vamp speed up the stairs to our room. I lay down on the bed not caring if she gets blood on the bed I can easily change the covers.

I head into the bathroom and turn on the tap of the bath letting the water run until I decide it's warm enough and I place the plug in the hole allowing the water to start filling the bathtub. I head back into the room, walking straight over to Davina who is still lying on the bed motionless and it breaks my heart to see her like that "Davina you need to take your clothes off so you can get in the bath" I say gently I don't get an answer. "Do you want me to do it for you?" I ask all I get is a nod in response I carefully sit Davina up on the bed and gently remove her top before moving to her skirt and slowly taking it off leaving her in only her bra since Finn had taken her knickers off and the thought infuriates me to no end that he touched her and saw her in that way and against her will it breaks my heart. "Davina I'm gonna pick you up and take you into the bathroom okay" I say I get nothing but a nod from her, with a sad sigh I carefully pick her up bridle style and carry her into the bathroom where I sit on the edge of the bathtub.

I turn off the tap once I decide there's enough water and I help Davina up "I'm gonna take your bra off okay?" I say receiving a nod from her as I move behind her and slowly unclip her bra and take it off. She lifts one leg and dips her food into the bath to test the temperature of the water before getting in the bath, I sit on the edge of the bath "is it okay if I wash you?" I ask she gives me a small nod "N-Neveah w-where is she?" Davina stutters "she's sleeping you can see her after you've gotten some rest" I say as I gently start rubbing soap on her body getting rid of the blood that stains her body "n-no I-I h-have t-to see her" she trembles turning to look me in the eyes and I see she's near to tears. "Okay you can see her after this okay" I say not wanting to upset her "t-thank y-you" she says reaching one hand out to my face causing me to lean into it at her touch "I'd never not let you see Neveah she's our baby" I say looking her in the eyes she nods in response.

I wash her hair with shampoo and conditioner to get rid of the dirt and blood that's found it's way into her hair. "Are you feeling any better?" I ask "n-no" she stutters "let's get you out" I say standing up to grab a towel as she gets out the bath. I wrap the towel around her before picking her up bridle style and placing her on the edge of the bed "I'll leave you to get dry and dressed" I say about to leave when she grabs my wrist. "N-no p-please d-don't l-leave me" she says her voice cracks causing my heart to break "okay I'll stay right here" I say kneeling down and placing a kiss on her forehead. Davina gets off the bed and moves to our wardrobe, grabbing a nightie and a pair of knickers "c-could y-you t-turn a-around?" She asks I frown but do as she asks not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable "o-okay y-you c-can turn back around now" she says I turn around to see her wearing the nightie. "Do you want me to dry your hair love?" I ask she nods and walks over to her little vanity desk and sits in the chair.

I walk over to her, grabbing the hair dryer from the vanity desk and turning it on just as I run my hands through her hair to get rid of any knots before I aim the dryer directly on her hair and start drying. Throughout drying her hair I notice her look at me through the mirror but the minute I catch her she looks away "darling why are you looking away when I catch you?" I ask worried and just like that she bursts into tears causing me to frown and I switch off the hair dryer and turn the chair around so she's facing me. "I f-feel l-like I've l-let y-you d-down I-I'm s-so s-sorry I d-didn't w-want it I s-swear I t-tried t-to f-fight h-him o-off b-but I w-was t-too w-weak please d-don't h-hate m-me" she cries causing my heart clench so I pick her up bridle style and walk over to the bed sitting on the edge with her in my lap. "Darling you haven't let me down I know you tried to fight him off but he was too strong I could never blame you for that and I certainly could never hate you I love you so much more than you know and it hurts me that I failed you I wasn't here to protect you" I say sniffling as tears make their way down my face. "You didn't fail me so don't even think for a second it was your fault god I love you I was so scared I'd never see you again" she cries placing her forehead against mine and I rub my nose against hers affectionately.