mother knows best

Marnie's pov

I watch from the kitchen as Davina and Kol cuddle on the couch, his arms are wrapped around her with both of his hands lying gently on her stomach, he coos in her ear as he rubs her stomach making a smile appear on her face. It's been two weeks since they went to their first doctor's appointment to see how their baby was doing and they've been inseparable ever since Kol is always keeping an eye on her and making sure she's safe and comfortable, he's always got his hands on her stomach one night when I was up late I walked passed their room and found him sleeping with his head next her stomach with his arm cradling her stomach, it brought a smile to my face I'm so happy that my daughter has someone like him in her life even if he is part of the first vampire family and is supposedly the wildest and worst one of all but I've met men worse than him and they were humans plus Stefan has quite the reputation too he's the infamous ripper who almost tore through an entire village, yes I know everything about Stefan from his past and his gory, dark side and despite all of it I still loved him, I actually still do but I'm not here for him I'm here for my daughter and unborn grandchild, I'm terrified that her and Kol will end up like me and Stefan did with one of us dead and the other left to raise the baby alone, I don't want that for either of them, I want them to be a happy family like me and Stefan were supposed too, I want my grandchild to grow up with both of his or her parents around, I don't want my grandchild to go through what Davina did yes I know everything she went through while she was separated from her dad and my heart aches for her oh how I wish I could've been there to protect her. "Marnie" I turn around to see Stefan standing behind me "Stefan what are you doing here?" I ask folding my arms "I came to see how Davina was doing" he says "she's fine she's with the father of her child right now" I say I immediately notice him scowl "why does she have to be with him?" He questions "because she loves him and he's the father of her unborn child" I say "I can't say the same for him he's only going to end up hurting her" he says walking over to me "no he won't he loves her" I say "how could you possibly know that?" He asks "because unlike you I've actually been paying attention to them rather than attempting to tear them apart like you and your little gang" I say "I'm only trying to protect her" he says "what? From love she deserves to be happy and she deserves the right to choose who she wants to love" I say "I know that but Kol he's a Mikaelson he's an enemy" he says "who cares as long as our daughters happy look I'm heading to meet up with my sister I'll see you later and if you really have doubts about Kol's intentions for Davina then take a closer look and think twice before you decide if he's only playing her" I say before walking away leaving him baffled and conflicted so he should it means I'm doing my job as a mother perfectly.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment