Baby shower part 1

Here's a new chapter for my readers I hope you enjoy

5 weeks later

Davina's pov

I look in the mirror as I slip on my dress, I place my hands on my baby bump with a smile as I feel slight movement, I'm now 23 weeks pregnant and my bump is a lot bigger than it was weeks ago.

(Davina's bump)

I look up when I hear the door open and I smile when I see my mom and aunt Josie "hi Mom hi Aunt Josie" I say she smiles "don't you look beautiful" my aunt says "I could look better" I say with a shrug "nonsense you look gorgeous" she says "I reme...

I look up when I hear the door open and I smile when I see my mom and aunt Josie "hi Mom hi Aunt Josie" I say she smiles "don't you look beautiful" my aunt says "I could look better" I say with a shrug "nonsense you look gorgeous" she says "I remember when I was 23 weeks pregnant with you my bump was way bigger than yours" my mom says "is that a bad thing? Should my bump be bigger?" I ask worriedly "no of course not all pregnancies are different" she says with a smile "was I a big baby?" I ask "no you were a small baby" she says "do you need help with the dress?" She asks "I just need help with the zipper" I say turning round "I'll get that for you" my aunt says I soon feel her zip up my dress "are you ready to go?" My mom asks "yes" I say turning on my heal and following them out the door, today is the day of my baby shower that Caroline is holding for me and Kol, she still thinks I don't know. Kol is at the mall getting some things but he's going to meet us at the venue where Caroline is holding the baby shower and from what I heard she invited everyone well not the whole town but my family, Kol's family and our friends.

We soon arrive at the venue "there's my girl" Kol says leaning against the wall before walking over to me and placing a kiss on my lips "hey" I say as he takes my hand in his as we head inside the building "surprise!" Everyone yells jumping out from places "hi guys" I say with a smile "do you like it?" Caroline asks "of course everything looks amazing thank you Caroline" I say giving her a side hug "I'm glad you like it" she says "not bad" Kol comments looking around it does look amazing there are tables filled with snacks related to babies etc baby feet cookies, baby bottle cookies, dummy cookies and there's coloured popcorn with the words ready to pop which made me laugh "was that a compliment?" Caroline asks "yes you did a good job" he says I giggle as Caroline's eyes widen in shock "wow you must be in a good mood today" she says "Davina" Bonnie squeals running to me I squeal and hug her back me and her are good again "hey Bon glad you made it" I say "are you kidding? I wouldn't miss it for anything and you look amazing look at that bump" she says placing a hand on it "I know it just sprang out from nowhere" I say with a giggle "you look beautiful" she says "aww Bonnie you're going to make me cry" I say feeling my eyes water "baby hormones?"she asks with a giggle "yes" I say wiping my eyes "at least there not sad tears" she says "good point now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna grab that plate of cookies over there and eat them all" I say Bonnie giggles "go right ahead" she says I nod and walk away to the food table "momma's hungry" I mutter taking the plate of baby bottle cookies and stuffing one in my mouth, I freeze when I hear someone laughing so I turn around to see Klaus smirking at me I glare at him and point a finger at him "don't you judge me" I say before eating another "damn these are good" I mutter "I wasn't judging" Klaus says "then why are you laughing?" I ask "you look like a chipmunk" he says with a chuckle I throw one of the cookies at him with a glare he catches it and takes a bite "so how are you?" He asks "I'm good why?" I ask curiously "just wondering" he says "okay what do you want?" I ask "nothing I'm just making sure you're okay" he says "is that all?" I question "yes you are family after all" he says "you consider me family? I get my baby's part of your family but me?" I say "you're important to Kol and Rebekah plus that baby is precisely why you are family" he says "okay I'm going to finish these cookies elsewhere because you're creeping me out" I say moving around him "sorry didn't mean to creep you out just wanted to talk" he says "well you talked" I say "look I know things are awkward between us after everything that's happened but I'm hoping we could be more friendly since we are sort of family now" he says "it will take time since you did take my dad from me but I'd like that too so here's to a new friendship sort of" I say raising a cookie in the air before taking a bite and turning on my heal to find Kol I hear Klaus chuckle behind me 'whatever' I mutter under my breath.

I find Kol talking with Elijah "Davina you're looking terrific" Elijah says "thanks" I say taking a bite from another cookie "raiding the food table already love?" Kol asks with a grin "shut up momma's hungry so momma's gonna eat" I say Kol and Elijah chuckle "don't laugh at a pregnant woman it's rude" I say "my bad if you'd excuse me" Elijah says before moving away leaving me and Kol alone "are your hormones acting up again?" Kol asks crossing his arms "maybe a little" I say shyly "you're so cute" he says bringing me to him and kissing my forehead making me blush "do you want a cookie? Look they're shaped like baby bottles" I say handing him one he takes it and takes a bite "not bad" he says "baby likes them too" I say rubbing my stomach he grins and places a hand on my stomach rubbing it gently.

Part 1 ends here I'm doing the baby shower in 2 parts as it's going to be a little longer than most chapters and I don't want to bore you with one full lengthy chapter so I thought 2 parts would be better, I do hope you've enjoyed this chapter, stay tuned for part 2

Vote and comment