Aunt Josie

Warning contains some swearing and violence

2 days later

Davina's pov

It's been 2 days since I had my heart broken and 2 days since I left Mystic falls, I've been traveling ever since as I don't plan on staying in one place, I need to keep moving before I settle somewhere. I had just checked out of the hotel I stayed at last night and was making my way to my car when I'm stopped by two men "uh may I help you?" I ask nervously "have we met before?" One of them asks me stepping forward "no I don't believe so I'm just passing through" I say trying to get round them to get to the car but they block my path "what do you want?" I ask "give us your suitcase" one said I scoff "no" I say one of them glares at me "did you just say no?" One of them asks trying to be intimidating but he's ridiculously failing "yes I did now fuck off and get out of my way" I sass "come on little girl" one says "don't call me little girl" I say "you know man she is pretty hot maybe we can" he doesn't even get to finish his sentence because I punch him in the face "you little.." he starts but I kick him in the balls extra hard "don't you even think about it" I say to the other guy who reaches out to grab me, I scream when I'm suddenly grabbed from behind "hush now little girl" a man whispers in my ear "let me go" I say clenching my fists "no way you attacked my men so now you must suffer" the man says "they tried to attack me first I was just defending myself now let me go!" I yell stamping on his foot really hard causing him to let go I then punch him in the face making him stumble back a little "bitch" he growls "hey assholes!" A woman yells walking over to us "leave missy this has got nothing to do with you" one of the men say "oh I think you find it's got everything to do with me" the woman spits coming in closer view she looks to be in her mid or late twenties and has long brown hair, dark eyes and olive tanned skin kind of like mine "why's that?" One chuckles "she's my niece now piss off and go bother someone else" she says when none of the men move she raises her hand and flicks her wrist causing the men to go flying then she grabs my hand and gently drags me with her "come on we need to get you out of here" the woman says "why did you say I'm your niece?" I ask the woman turns to look at me "because you are my niece Davina" she says my eyes widen in shock "how do you know my name?" I ask she smiles at me "I'll explain everything once we get to my place" she says I nod and follow her dragging my suitcase along behind me.

After 5 minutes of walking we arrive at her place which is a little apartment, the woman raises her hand and flicks her wrist making the door fly open "couldn't you of just unlocked it with a key?" I ask she turns to look at me and grins "where's the fun in that?" She asks "it's just what if someone saw you" I say "it's fine everyone who lived in these apartments are witches" she says as we head inside her apartment "really?" I ask she nods "yes well expect from Kurt next door he's human but he's not a bother to anyone" she says closing the door I just nod in response "would you like anything to eat or drink?" She asks me "no I'm fine" I lie as I'm starving damn what's wrong with me? For the last two three days I've been getting hungry more than usual "I don't believe you come on if you're hungry or thirsty just say I don't bite" she says I smile "I'll just have a glass of water for now" I say she nods "very well then don't be afraid to sit down" she says as she heads into her kitchen I head into the living room and sit down as I look around the room, I look to my side when I hear a little bell noise and I see a grey cat sat next to me "hey" I say gently stroking the car I smile as the cat rubs it's head against my hand and purrs "I see you've met Tess" the woman says entering the room with a glass of water in hand "she's cute" I say as the grey cat sits on my lap rubbing it's head against my arm "she likes you usually if someone strokes her she bites them" she says handing me the glass of water "thanks" I say referring to the water "no problem if you need or want anything then just tell me okay" she says sitting down next to me "so not to be rude but who are you?" I ask "my name's Johanne but I prefer Josie I'm your aunt" she says "I don't know of any aunt I just have an uncle" I say Josie nods "I understand the confusion you may be having Davina but I am your aunt" she says "can you just explain because I don't understand" I say honestly "maybe this will help my name is Josie Claire" she says "Claire that's in my name" I say she nods "you have two second names Salvatore is your dad's and Claire is your mom's" she says my eyes widen "you knew my mom?" I ask "she was my sister" she says "oh my god I have an aunt" I say hugging her making her laugh "sorry" I say she shakes her head "hey it's fine" she says "wait how do you know about me?" I ask "when your mom ran away she kept in contact with me she told me all about Stefan and how she fell pregnant she was both terrified and happy, she was scared that she would be like our mother but when you were born that went out the window she loved you so much" she says bringing tears to my eyes "I take it you two were close" I say "yes she was my older sister she was my hero I loved her and she was the only person I trusted" she says "does your mom know I'm alive?" I ask "no your grandmother is a terrible person she was the one who signed up your mother to be sacrificed in the last letter your mom sent to me she said our mother couldn't find out about you as it would put you in danger I never told her or anyone I actually ran away from home the day your mom died I didn't want to stay in a house with a heartless mom or be anywhere near those cruel witches" she says "so you've been alone since then?" I ask "not entirely alone I got Tess 5 years ago" she says "that still means you were alone" I say "yes I was but I didn't feel alone I felt safe and happy" she says "did you try to find me or my dad after my mom died?" I ask "I did find you two but I watched you from afar as I know witches were following me" she says "are there witches following you now?" I ask "not anymore I killed the lot of them except from my mother she's still out there somewhere hiding" she says "why would she be hiding?" I ask "the bitch fears me she knows I want her dead especially since I discovered she had a hand in your mom's death" she says I feel instant anger fill my veins "why would she sacrifice her own daughter let alone kill her?" I ask "our mother is a straight up strict bitch she's a power hungry witch she's devoted to her coven she put her coven before her children" she says bitterly "I'm sorry" I say she smiles at me "it's not your fault I'm just glad she doesn't know about you I'd hate to think what she would do to you" she says looking at me intently "why would she want to do anything to me if she doesn't know me?" I ask "your her blood and considering you're a miracle child she would take that to her advantage" she says "Davina you need to go back to your dad it's not safe" she says "I can't go back I've lost myself and I'm having trouble with my magic besides I can stay here with you get to know you better" I say "I suppose you can stay for a little bit but only until you've gathered yourself then you must return home to your dad and uncle" she says "you're my aunt don't you want me to stay with you" I say "of course I do but it's not entirely safe for you to be near me because of my mom" she says "I'm going to help you with your magic and I'll help you with whatever you need but once that's done you must go back home where it's safe" she says "deal" I say she smiles and pulls me into a hug, I can't believe I have an aunt maybe I can find out more about my mom other than what I already know of course.

Ta da so Davina has an aunt. Josie is going to be the protective badass aunt and I might pair her up with either Klaus or Elijah but I'm not sure yet. Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment