16 - Almost

"What the flipping frogs finally we're here!!! I can finally go out! " One of the alpha shouted exasperatedly.

"It seems like forever and I can't believe we were narrowed down like this. " A burly guy added while he was panting and looking around.

"I'm getting out. Not only my body is exhausted, but my mind as well.  I hafta find ways to calm my son* down afterward. " The other alpha bitterly laughed.

"We're going brother Theo,  how about you? " The later burly man asked.

"I'm staying.  I wanted to try climbing forward. " Theo replied calmly but his mighty tent is saying otherwise.

"O-ok.  Best of luck then." The burly man said in resignation.

The remaining group of alpha had torn their talisman and a faint light had emitted from it and immediately teleported them outside the tower.

The crowd was teleported in a big hall where they were received by a couple of senior disciples of the Golden Academy.  With their sweaty appearances and half-naked bodies not mentioning their as obvious as sky towering tent, the receiving disciples can't help but to gasp and be embarrassed at the same time.  They were given privilege to wash and change into a student robe from the academy for the time being. The trial isn't over yet so they could only wait for it to finish before being officially announced by the headmaster as official students of Golden Dragon Academy.

Only 33 managed to pass the 2nd trial including Yulrir and Theo. This number is normally given on how hard the trial for the academy is especially with the accidental 'mysterious' scent joining the fray.

Inside the tower,  there are only 2 people who insisted to continue climbing upwards.  The first one is Yulrir and of course following by Theo.  It is safe to say that Yulrir got it easier than Theo because he was not affected by the same scent that he is not aware of and in fact, it was him who emits it.

Yulrir with his lithe body had just reached the 8th floor of the tower.  His whole body which is still covered with white robe has a hint of wetness in it due to his own perspiration.  Although it wasn't as heavy as, like the other candidates and Theo, he is still after all reaching his limits of endurance.  The higher the floor, the greater the gravity and temperature are. His sweat releases a sweet scent that mingles the air inside the tower. If an alpha with a weak will is to be placed here,  his primary instincts might erupt.

Yulrir wanted to remove his robe but he is a smart man,  he knew that someone is watching him from somewhere so he always kept his calm and elegant demeanor. 

Yulrir observed the whole floor to see something odd and after a while breathed a sigh of relief. It became his habit to check the surrounding first before moving forward.

As he tried to take another step,  his whole right leg that he is about to raise had gone numb.

"...." It wasn't obvious due to the fact he was wearing a mask but Yulrir currently creased his brow and frowned.

"It seems like,  I've already reached my limit. " Yulrir remained unmoving not attempting to walk again.

"But I still did not breakthrough onto the next layer but I can feel that I am already at the peak of 7th layer. " Yulrir sighed helplessly.

Yulrir willed his mana force on his ankles and reduced the weight of his shackles which served as his training weights to 25 kg each. After then he tried to walk again and step his right foot forward. He then calmly walks this time and it is evident that his strides are longer than before he reached the 8th floor. 

"I can try breaking through next time,  but right now, I need to reach the peak. If ever the succeeding floors are way too much for me, I'll remove my other restraints. " Yulrir thought resolutely.  He is somewhat regretful that he wasn't able to take full advantage of the pressure and breakthrough but he also knows that it is not the right time.

Yulrir knew that in order to get a stable foundation,  one should not rush.  He knew that once the breakthrough to the next layer,  he'll be needing to stop and meditate to stabilize his foundation and time is something he currently doesn't want to waste.

Outside the tower,  the elders who are currently observing Yulrir from the mirrors were all dumbfounded.

"THISS---" Terra's eyes brighten up.

"He was wearing weights after all? " Logan is equally surprised.

"This kind of cultivation, don't tell me, It's the brutal 'Body Tempering Cultivation Technique? " One of the hooded people gawked in an unbelieving tone.

"Yes,  it seems like it. " The headmaster added as he tried to compose himself.

"If that's the case,  don't tell me, it wasn't only his ankles are restrained by weights? " Logan who is still in the process of taking the information in asked.

"Yes.  It was said that it was one of the hardest and not-so-effective types of cultivation.  If one is to pick this technique will have a slow rate of breaking through layers.  This is usually considered a 'no-choice' cultivation technique.  This is specifically for people who had some problem with their meridians." The headmaster explained in a solemn tone.

"But for someone who isn't even 10 tears old and has already reached 7th layer without any problems! He can even walk efficiently under the pressured environment of the tower... This is way-way beyond what I can expect for someone who cultivates this technique. " the headmaster continued in astonishment.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Remember,  he will be my disciple. " Terra laughed proudly. 

"You-- It'll be up to the headmaster. " The shortest elder who is wearing a hood interject in an icy tone.

Terra's beautiful face frowned deeply and look at the later elder with disdain.

"We already agreed to it.  Did you not hear our conversation earlier? " Terra rebuked.

"Enough." the headmaster butted in.

"Terra will be getting Yulrir as promised. " The headmaster continued on.

"Hmph" Terra harrumphed proudly.

They all felt regret giving away Yulrir easily to Terra as a disciple.  Having a disciple who trains Body Tempering and entering the 7th layer not before reaching an age of 10 is simply an unfathomable treasure.  It clearly indicates that Yulrir has the best aptitude among the seeds. Even the venerable headmaster is tempted to go back at his own word and accept Yulrir as his own official disciple.

Terra with her devilish grin on her beautiful face had gone back on watching the mirrors.  She felt like she has won a jackpot.