73 - Don't Judge The Book By Its Cover

"Your Majesty... It seems like Imperial Advisor Fiviar's statement were true." A knight wearing a full body black armor had said solemnly. This knight bowed with utmost respect whilst in genuflect stance.

The middle-aged looking man with fierce yet a handsome face had given off a light frown and stared at the knight for a long time. He lifted his right hand and placed it under his chin. Every movement he does exudes an aura of exquisiteness and nobleness. This man is indeed the current Serkoff Kingdom's  Emperor. 

With his red noble gown, the emperor had shifted his sitting position and sighed. 

"Give me a quick report about it." The emperor patiently stated but a hint of irritation was reflected on his eyebrows.

"Yes Your Majesty... We raided the North Shadow Sea Academy's headquarters but when we arrived, the entire place was already empty. Even their disciples and servants were nowhere to be found. It seems like, they had been anticipating our arrival and left ahead of time. I am guessing that someone had already tipped them about us." The black-armored knight said straightforwardly.

The emperor squinted his eyes and clicked his tongue. "What about the warriors and soldiers who originated from the North Shadow Sea, have you seized them all?"

The black-armored knight nodded softly. "Yes, we did, Your Majesty. Although some had chosen to kill themselves before even detained. Unfortunately, a few had managed to flee before we even made in contact with them. We have a total of 32 prisoners right now and been interrogating them nonstop, however, we haven't been getting any significant information from them." The knight ended in a despondent tone.

"Hmm... continue with what you are doing. If it's needed to pry their souls open to make them talk, do it without mercy. I declare that everyone that belonged to North Shadow Sea will all now be labeled as traitors and not a citizen of the kingdom." The emperor announced in a rather aggressive manner. His eyes glinted with cold light that made the knight tremble in cold sweat.

"T-this subject will carry the emperor's wish." The black-armored knight responded nervously.

The emperor nodded in satisfaction and waved his left hand in a dismissive manner. "Rise and spread the word throughout the Kingdom's battalion. Have all the Black Knights utilized and do an in-depth cleaning of the entire kingdom's territory. Don't let any stones left unturned."

"This subject will certainly fulfill Your Majesty's command." The black-armored knight responded and rose up from genuflection. He cupped his fist forward before leaving the emperor's throne hall. 

As the black-armored knight's back disappeared from the emperor's view, the emperor had given off a deep sigh and turned his head to his right.

"Roye, you heard my order clearly... right?" The Emperor shrugged.

A golden-armored knight with a red cape draped over his shoulder all the way to his back-- had nodded in approval. "Yes your majesty, Do I need to utilize the entire Imperial Knights as well?"

"Yes... also, please have the elite troops to guard the Ancient Realm's Exit Portal. We all know that we still have 6 months left before the portal opens up again but we have to remain cautious. We don't know if those brats from North Shadow Sea had some way to get out of the realm prematurely." The emperor said icily.

The golden-armored knight, Roye had nodded in understanding. "Yes, your majesty. I'll have the Imperial Knights do what his majesty wishes."

Roye walked out of the hall silently leaving the emperor alone sitting on the throne.

The moment Roye walked out, the emperor then slumped in his chair and moved both of his feet flat on the ground. There were no traces of the earlier fierceness on his well-sculpted face and instead, it shows how crestfallen he is right now.