18 - So It's You

It's been 6 hours since the Dragon Tower Trial started but it doesn't seem like it'll be over soon. The elders who oversee the situation from the inside of the tower are still amusingly observing the two outstanding candidates through the tower mirror.

Yulrir who is currently leading had just reached the 11th floor followed by the transformed Theo on the 10th floor.

"Amazing... Are these youngsters didn't know how to rest? " Logan exclaimed excitedly.

"They had broken the record 120 years ago. That candidate back then took 12 hours to complete the course and reach the 12th floor. That candidate was also at the same rank of Theo right now. " The venerable headmaster shook his head.

"It seems like the White Tiger Transformation of the Blanc Clan has live to its reputation." The hooded person next to the headmaster agreed.
"Are you guys forgetting the beta who trains Body Tempering? That youngster is also mad! He didn't remove all of his restraints completely yet he can still move nimbly! " Logan sluggishly pointed on Yulrir's screen.

"Formidable formidable. " The headmaster nodded in approval.

Terra, on the other hand, has an ashen expression on her face. She had been silent ever since Theo had transformed.

"Hey Terra, why did you suddenly turned kind of quiet?" Logan who seemed to notice Terra's change of gesture can't help but ask his colleague.

"..." Terra didn't reply and still had her eyes on the mirrors.

"..." Logan helplessly sighed and turned back looking at the mirrors.

"..." The others can't help but stay silent because of the awkward situation.

"..."

Inside the tower,  on the 11th floor, a fragile looking youth is currently walking calmly and nimbly. This youth is of course Yulrir.

"If I am to reduce my wrist and upper garment weights, I wonder how light should it be?" Yulrir thought.

He willed his concentration on his wrist and upper garment restrictions and reduce it to 25 kg each,  the same as his ankles'.

"Hwaaaaaahhmmmmm---" A faint light had enveloped his wrists and upper body.

Just like that,  the restrictions had been adjusted. Looking at his newly adjusted weights,  Yulrir can't help but chuckle.

"It's been a while since I last felt so unrestrained. " Yulrir enthusiastically jumped and started walking faster.

Yulrir can't help but to feel positive because he knew that after this trial ends,  he'll be an official disciple of the Golden Dragon Academy and on top of that,  he is sure that he'll take the first place for a reward.

As a non-alpha born into an alpha-dominated world,  this is considered as a great achievement.  He also would like to see how will his parents and family react to it.  As a son,  he wanted them to be proud of him.

With this resolution,  Yulrir had walked faster hoping he'll get to the last floor quicker.

Just as he stepped a foot forward,  Yulrir had heard an unearthly growl coming from his previous direction.

Yulrir had jumped in shocked and can't help but to frown.  "A beast?  How come I haven't felt it earlier?" Yulrir mumbled as he looked back.

"Rooooaaaaaaar" The growl seem to be closer this time.  Yulrir can't help but put his defenses up to the maximum.

Light steps and crackle sounds were becoming more obvious until a silhouette started to become clearer.

It was a white tiger which is about 3 meters long and 1.75 meters in height.  It is a size of an adult beast.