24 - First Day

"Riri, I can't believe it! I'm sure the others will be proud of you as well." Yulier hugged Yulrir so hard as the later young man hugged back.

Yulier had never doubted her son's talent and aptitude but she never expected that aside from being accepted as a student of a first-rate school like Golden Dragon Academy, her son on top of that had become a core disciple of an elder of the academy. Being a core disciple means that one has to have an exceptional talent that made them stood out among the regular students. Also, being a core disciple means that one can get a direct teaching from an elder or a master and even had great benefits in regards to cultivation resources.

The mother and son had made use of the time that was given by Terra.

Yulier was worried about the fact that Terra knew about Yulrir being an omega but later was relieved when Terra had narrated her story about her little brother. Yulier is equally sad hearing the story and reevaluated her impression on the tower master.

Terra had left the two to spend their quality time together, after all, they'll have to wait a year or so again if Yulrir wanted to go back to his hometown for a vacation.

The day passes by quickly and Yulrir had to bid goodbye to his mother. His mother is equally reluctant to let her son go but at the end, they didn't have much of a choice. Yulrir has a high ambition of being one of the strongest cultivators to avoid incidents like what happened to Terra's little brother. He wanted to be strong as quickly as possible so he'll have a way to protect himself and his loved ones.

Terra is amazed at Yulrir's will, she knew that the young lad is barely 9 years old and even be counted as one of the youngest students in Golden Dragon Academy but his will is as strong as an adult.

Yulrir will be staying at the Tower Master's quarters as Terra wanted to protect Yulrir from exposing his identity. Yulrir is grateful and is delightful to stay in the previous room opposite to Terra's bedroom.

Yulrir slept early that night as he set to resume his daily cultivation habit the next day and also, it'll be the first day that his master will be officially teaching him.

The night veiled its darkness and the day went by peacefully.

It was 4 am when Yulrir woke up.  The surrounding is still dark and no signs of sun yet. It was cold but Yulrir effortlessly stood up without any remorse and went to the courtyard opposite to his room. His eyes roamed around to check on the surrounding making sure that he was alone, even though Terra already told him that the quarters are safe, he was still cautious especially that he wasn't wearing the mask right now. 

Yulrir started with his breathing exercise casually and proceeded with his magic control practice. If one can observe what he is doing right now, one will be amazed on how dedicated and concentrated the young lad is. Yulrir continued his cultivation until the sun comes up.

It was past 6 am when Terra woke up. She was surprised to see that her disciple is already awake. She wanted to praise him but decided to not disturb him yet and proceeded to cook for a breakfast first for the both of them. 

Yulrir woke up in trance and noticed that his master already woke up. He hurriedly went to the kitchen only to find Terra was preparing for a breakfast.

"Elder sister Terra good morning! Can I help you with something?" Yulrir gawked out.

"Good morning Riri! Haha, it's fine. Leave the trivial stuff like this to me." Terra replied in a cheerful tone. She already adopted the nickname 'Riri' since her visit to Yulrir's mother. 

Yulrir pouted in response but still nodded in agreement. Terra is like an elder sister that Yulrir never had and to the point that the way she treats Yulrir differently than others made Yulrir feel special. Terra is an alluring matured woman who had a cold demeanor when she steps outside of her quarters so if someone would be able to see how gentle Terra is right now, they'll be bulging their eyes out.

"Since you're already here, let me give you a start up about the Golden Dragon Academy." Terra said while steering a pot of soup.

"The academy consists of 1 headmaster, 3 supreme elders, 5 elders and 22 guest elders. I am one of the supreme elders of the academy and I am in charge of the Dragon's Tower. If you remember Logan, he is one of the elders too. In terms of magical prowess and rank, I'm second to the headmaster. The other supreme elders are very secretive and I, myself don't usually see them as well. I believe they are in seclusion cultivating." Terra explained slowly.

"What is elder sister Terra's rank right now?" Yulrir excitedly asked in curiosity.

"I'm at the middle stages of Deity rank." Terra responded happily.

"Elder sister Terra is so strong!" Yulrir grasped his robe and sincerely praised Terra. He really is amazed because his father at the age of 40 is still in the early stages of Deity and it is pretty average for cultivators. 

Terra put the pot of soup on the table and brought out the bread from the oven. She can't help but feel happy hearing the young lad praise her. She can tell how innocent Yulrir is.

"You are as well formidable! You have a strength comparable to the 7th layer of Elementary Warrior at the age of 8 and on top of that, you got an innate talent in Magic Arts !" Terra chirped while patting Yulrir's head.

"I'm not gonna let elder sister down." Yulrir wholeheartedly exclaimed.

"Good good. Your elder sister Terra will pave your way upwards." Terra responded gently. Looking at the young lad in front of him, she can see how resolute the lad is.

"Go on and eat... afterward, around 8 am... We will start with your training." Terra added.

"Thanks for the food!" Yulrir happily wolfed down his part and Terra could only be awed at him. He had a pretty face that can cause the fall of any hero but currently eating like there's no tomorrow. Terra could only chuckle at the scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note.

I sincerely apologize for the slow updates lately. I'm pretty well much a zombie every month ends TAT -- THOSE DEADLY DEADLINES ;; I'm really sorry.

If you see a lot of grammatical errors, forgive me---- I'll proofread it later ;A;

I promise to update more this week to catch up. Thanks a lot for the love and votes you guys provided. I feel so warm inside (the heart of course). 

I'm so excited about the story that I wish I can have more time to update daily but my work and lifestyle won't let me so--- but I am trying!

THANKS A LOT quq

xoxo