62 - First Encounter

Two hours have passed by when Theo and Yulrir arrived at the ancient realm. The duo was lucky enough to be spawned in a location where there were only low-leveled beasts in the vicinity. Just like human cultivators, beasts have their own instincts and one of it was to stay away from possible enemies that were way above their own prowess. So even with those beasts who tumble by chance in Theo's and Yulrir's path can only run away or ignore both of them. The duo, on the other hand, does not take advantage of their own prowess and hunt these low-leveled beasts for their cores. Beasts have 'Cores' with them and considered as a treasure for any martial cultivators. 'Cores' were mainly found in a beast's chest near to their heart. They are mainly used for alchemic purposes, array inscriptions and most of all, if one is to directly consume a 'core' --- his or her strength will be amplified depending on the beast's core level. Meaning to say, the higher the beast is, the more valuable their 'cores' are. The duo understood this concept but made an oath not to necessarily kill or hunt a beast unless they were the one who was first provoked. The opportunities that Yulrir and Theo mostly wanted are to obtain rare herbs, fruits or treasures that the headmaster deemed to be abundant in the realm. They wanted to take advantage of the rich 'qi' system of the realm to advance their own cultivation. With these reasons, the duo held no ill intention and casually trotted within the vast expanse of the forest ignoring the low-leveled beasts around.

It was then Yulrir gave off a startled look. Theo at the same time had turned his head to a certain direction as his eyes turned cold.

"A Saint-leveled beast!" Theo said in a low voice.

"It seems like it has been chasing 2 cultivators... " Yulrir immediately frowned.

Theo nodded and clicked his tongue. Yulrir gripped his fist and contemplated.

Theo noticed his partner's pained expression and released a deep sigh.

"Let's go and see if we can help them. " Theo said with a wry smile and cracked his knuckles.

Yulrir gave Theo a big nod and smiled.

The only difference between a beast and a human is that humans were given a higher intellect and had a capability to think rational at all times. At times like this, if a fellow human was on the edge and needs help, it is only natural for his or her fellow human kin to offer some help. If not for that, what else is the difference between a beast and a human? Unfortunately, not all humans think alike and had clear consciences like Theo and Yulrir.

The duo moved fast towards the scene with Yulrir leading the way. Theo closely followed like Yulrir's shadow.

"Mile ahead, get ready. " Yulrir said in a solemn voice.

Theo nodded and after a while, his vision had adjusted and seen 2 youths moving about in a messy manner. The first youth is a burly-looking guy with a spear in his hand but he had a gaping wound in his shoulder. The second is a girl who has a fresh youthful look fending off the attacks from time to time, her left wrist seems to be broken but her fighting spirit isn't broken a bit.

The 2 youths seem to notice Theo's explosive approach and instinctively turned their head towards his direction.

What happened next completely stunned the 2 striving youths. A loud 'crash' sound was made and a bestial growl had escaped from the mouth of the saint-leveled beast. The tan-skinned youth had landed a powerful punch on the beast making it stumble a few meters back. The situation happened so fast as the 2 youths who initially had a solemn face had almost popped their eyes out upon the scene.

"A bare fist!!! " The man with a spear can't help but shout it out in surprise.

The beast had similar looks of a rhinoceros in the normal realm but it had 3 protruding horns on his back and as big as 4 adult elephants altogether. It also had a hard carapace similar to those of the hard-skinned alligators making the previous attacks of the 2 injured youths to be neglected. But in front of Theo's punch, it was like a sandbag that swayed upon the collision.