35 - Thick Skin

"Senior Adelard was the First Ranker last Inter-Academic tournament, right? Is it even fair for Yulrir, a junior to face him head on?" A concerned disciple out of the audience gawked out.

"Yulrir's straight wins will stop at this match. I bet 500 copper coins for that!" Another shouted out.

"Your mother! You stingy brat! I'll bet 1000 copper coins for Senior Adelard!" Another one added.

"Shut up you stupid f**kers!!!!" Theo growled out.

The instant Theo bellowed everyone on the audience stooped in silence.

Theo grudgingly turned his gaze to the arena and stared deadly at Adelard. 

Yulrir can't help but to sigh on the turn of events.

"All these arrogant alphas..." Yulrir turned his head to Adelard and slumped his shoulders.

Adelard who is currently paying attention to Theo's actions had noticed the carefree stature of Yulrir and frowned a bit.

"Let's do this little beta." Adelard sneered.

Yulrir like a gentle breeze waved his hand horizontally and a massive wind roc had formed plowing towards Adelard.

Adelard snickered in return and raised his fist towards the incoming roc. 

"PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH"

Adelard's fist completely obliterated the wind roc but Yulrir instantly waved his right hand to cast another wind roc and the same as the first one, it went towards Adelard.

Adelard sneered -- "Little beta, if this is all you got, it's totally useless."

"Mannn -- Senior Adelard's fist is enough to withstand the wind roc! That's monstrous!" A disciple gawked out excitingly.

Terra who is earlier in calm demeanor also stiffened a bit and a frown had appeared in her eyebrows but the next words uttered by Yulrir made her chuckle.

"So noisy---" Yulrir mumbled in a soft voice that is barely audible.

The crowd and Adelard were startled but almost immediately they regained their composure as Yulrir had rushed towards Adelard.

"Y-you!!!" Adelard gasped as he prepared to defend his chest from Yulrir's palm.

Like a lightning, Yulrir switched his attack from palm to fist going for Adelard's face. This took almost immediately so Adelard had no way to defend his face from Yulrir's attack.

"Windwalk is so formidable!!!" The crowd uproared.

Yulrir successfully landed a solid punch on Adelard's face but Adelard just stepped backward 2 times rubbing the place where Yulrir's punch landed on.

"Quite jumpy are we? Too bad, petty tricks like this won't even lay a scratch on me. You see, as an earth-user magician, I can reinforce my body defense tenfolds. My skin is as thick and sturdy as a tungsten steel."
Adelard snickered.

"The Earthen body spell is really something adding Senior Adelard's natural warrior defense to the peak 9th layer,  obviously Yulrir's punch is nothing than a child's play. " A disciple among the crowd exclaimed.

Yulrir jumped back to his original position and looked at the fist that he had used to punch Adelard then shook it gently.

"Ah yes of course--  Your skin is so thick." Yulrir chuckled and gazed at Adelard.

For some reason,  the way that Yulrir delivered his sentence is so provocative.

"No wonder,  you're that shameless. " Yulrir added in an almost whisper way.