61 - The Ancient Realm

"Are you the Venerable Headmaster of the Golden Dragon Academy?" A man wearing a Golden-armor politely approached and asked the venerable headmaster.

The headmaster was taken aback and gave the golden-armored knight a curt nod.

"Greetings Senior!  This junior's name is Roye Sherman, head of the emperor's personal Imperial Knights.  This junior would like to invite you to a banquet later at the Imperial Palace." The golden-armored knight cupped his fist forward as a salute and spoke politely.

The headmaster looked at the man with a confused expression.

Roye seems to notice the headmaster's hesitation and smiled amicably. "His Majesty would want to personally invite you but he is currently preoccupied so he had requested me to do it in his behalf.  I hope the venerable headmaster will accept His Majesty's invitation. "

The headmaster gave the man a smile and responded. "I have no reason to decline His Majesty's invitation at all. I'll be attending if the emperor wishes to. I would like to extend my thanks for this opportunity to attend His Majesty's Banquet."

Roye nodded in excitement and with a salute, "Very well, we'll see you later then. I'll have to excuse myself for now." 

The golden-armored knight turned his back with his red cape fluttering in every step he makes as if he was a son of the god of war himself. The headmaster looked at the retreating back of the knight and released a sigh of relief.  He then turned his head back to the now-closed spatial gate and gave a rueful smile.

"I wish you all can return triumphantly." The headmaster whispered to himself with a hint of sadness in his eyes. He was just not wishing for the wellness of his own disciple and his martial nephew, but also with all his students who braved and entered the ancient realm. For a martial cultivator, life and death situations are almost their partners for life so a cultivator's mentality is far more resolute than those who don't step to the path of cultivation.

.

.

.

The ancient realm is as big as the lands of the Serkoff Kingdom itself. In it, there are no signs of civilization nor human-made structures can be found. The realm is like a big expanse of forests and mountains where the trees are as tall as the highest building in the Herevias City with trunks as thick as 10 full-grown elephants altogether. The same as the normal realm, the sky is covered with white clouds and shadows of gigantic flying beasts can be seen from time to time. The world qi in the ancient realm is 10 times thicker than the normal realm so it is considered as a paradise to cultivators if you are to drop the fact that the realm is a home for dangerous ancient beasts. 

A spatial fissure appeared under one of the gigantic trees, the ground trembled a bit until 2 silhouettes appeared along with a radiant light. The spatial fissure started to dissipate as the radiant light started to dim. The two silhouettes became clearer and with a 'pang' sound, the radiant light and the fissure dissipated into nothing.

The silhouettes are entwined to one another, the taller one seemed to hold a shorter body in his arms like a mother protecting her baby. In a few breaths of time, the two had started to move as the shorter one had released his hold on the taller one.

With an exasperating sigh, the taller one cursed "How the hell can they describe it as 'short' spatial turbulence!? It was the longest time of my life!"

The shorter one sighed in relief and gave the taller a dry smile "I had depleted half of my qi and 3/4 of my mana in the process. If not for our combined efforts, we might end up separated during the transition."