60 - Portal Opening

It is only 6 in the morning but the entire city of Herevias is already as lively as a bustling market. The sun illuminated the city's busy streets and people. It is only natural for them to wake up this early as the day when the 'Ancient Realm Portal' will open once again. There are colorful flags on each of the houses or buildings. There are rainbow-like streamers as well all over the city. Almost all of the people are on the streets, be it cultivators or normal citizens.

The tallest building in the city also did not hold back on decorations, this building is naturally the 'Mountain Springs Haven Lodge'. Aside from the colorful streamers and decorations on the entrance, there is also a large group of gold-armored knights which are lined in a neat formation seemingly surrounding the entire building. Each of every knight was all at the least at the peak of saint rank as they all exude a domineering aura.

The hotel staffs were also very busy at attending each of the disciples who were checking out of their hotel as they offer free breakfast for them. The hotel's manager was also busy conversing with a man wearing similar golden armors as the other knights around the hotel. The man was wearing a red cape and a king's sword insignia, signifying that he was the head knight. This man is actually the same as the knight that the emperor was conversing to a few days earlier.

"Indeed Sir Roye, the beta, and his companion had long checked out the hotel. The other disciples of their academy had also checked out shortly after them." The middle-aged woman replied politely. This woman is naturally the owner of the Mountain Springs Haven.

The man in golden armor sighed and gave the woman a wry smile. "I see Mrs. Freelon, that is alright. His Majesty would like to extend his heartfelt thanks for your hard work. Our Royal Accountant will shortly arrive to deal with all the expenses we have owed for this event.

"That is not a problem. We were glad that His Majesty had selected our lodge this year for such honor." The woman replied with an honest smile.

The golden-armored man nodded and bowed politely to the woman. "I'll relay your words to His Majesty. I'll be excusing myself now as I need to tend to some matters."

The woman nodded and gave a one-last smile at the armored man. She watched the man's back disappear from her line of sight before releasing a deep breath of air.

"His Majesty really invests a lot for the 'Genius Camp'. I can't believe how many years it has been, last time I talked to that young man is back when he participated the 'Genius Camp' himself. Just how fast did the years go by." The woman shook her head and left the scene.

It is safe to say that the 'Genius Camp' is like an ultimate trial ground for any elite young cultivators of the Serkoff Kingdom. Anyone who survives the camp gets offered by various imperial positions like Imperial Knighthood, Imperial Guardian, Marshals and many more. This is the reason why the Imperial Knights and even the Territory Guards stationed at the entrance of the City were all formidable and exudes an aura of 'expert'. The current Head Knight, Roye was actually one of the few survivors of the Genius Camp that accepted an Imperial position as a Royal Knight. Being an Imperial Official is something not easily obtainable and a lot of people covets this type of opportunity.

Well except for the two youths who were both sitting calmly on top of a gigantic red-tailed hawk. One of the youth is wearing a black tight-fitting body armor which clearly outlines his fine-toned muscles. He had a slender body and a stature akin to a war god. His tan skin complimented his icy blue eyes.

A youth covered in an oversized black cloak is currently sitting in front of him with his back against the tan-skinned youth's chest. Unlike the first youth, this young man had a smaller frame and beneath the long black cloak covering him, is a milky white skin devoid of any blemishes. The hood of his oversized cloak flutters from time to time revealing his black fox mask and silvery-white hair which is tied up in a ponytail. If one could describe him right now, he is a total example of an angel disguised as a reaper. His black cloak is like a cocoon covering his entire body.