96 - The Eclipse and The Nine Springs

The Portal to Nine Springs opens when the 'Yang' energy is at it's lowest. There is a certain day every 20 years which the 'Yang' energy is very thin. It always happens on the start of the winter and when the sun is totally aligned behind the moon (basically total eclipse). This phenomenon stays for an hour and a half. This time is enough for the representatives of thirteen clans to go through the portal to the Nine Springs.

To Yulrir, ever since he was born, this is the first time he experienced the so-called eclipse. The warm and fuzzy light coming from the sun is totally absent as it was replaced by the moon which is tainted by a bloody red color. For someone who experienced it the first time, this is indeed an eerie experience. The temperature is also low as it indicates the start of the winter.

The said path to Nine Springs is concealed on the Southern valley at the foot of the Divine Mountain. The location is guarded by the Xuan Faction. From Plenoa Town, it is only an hour travel via flying beast. As for this occasion, Fenrir specifically chose to come in an hour ahead of the assembly time.

The news about the marriage between the Blanc and Bellaire clan had also spread not only amongst the Kiva and Cadalign clan members but also across the entire Xuan Faction. Some of the clans refused to believe that an insignificant Bellaire clan will be having such luck, especially that the one being married off is the beta son of the Patriarch. But who would've thought that the so-called domineering Patriarch of the Ancient Beast Clan like Baccus would personally invite himself on the assembly? What was scary is that he was standing like a cold immortal looking down on ants beside Fenrir. This made the other Patriarchs of the Xuan Faction to swallow back their doubts and be more respectful to Fenrir. Not only the young patriarch had managed to recently advance to the late-stages of Deity but his clan also managed to establish a relationship with the Blanc clan. Who would dare belittle them now?

Hehe... Unbeknownst to them, the Blanc clan is currently going through a rough patch*. Thanks to the Emperor trying to contain the news about it on a small circle or else the Blanc clan will definitely be the first Ancient Bloodline Clan who will be laughed at by everyone.

(A/N: Go through a rough patch - when we experience a difficult time in life or business... hehe- they deserve it anyway...)

Yulrir, Theo and Mikhail were all silently standing behind Fenrir. Not only them, but a couple of other cultivators around their age were also gathered behind their respective Patriarchs. The familiar Kiva and Cadalign representatives that they have met weeks ago were also present. They can only exchange nods for formality. They wouldn't dare to raise about the marriage proposal nor getting into a negotiation for the slots again. This made Theo feel quite amused with his cheap father's 'arrogant-immortal acting'. It was quite convenient at times like this.

Small Seed who is behaving like a doll on Yulrir's arm finally let out a small sigh and looked up to his father with a bit of a frown. "Father, are you sure you would still come with daddy?"

Yulrir smiled and kissed Small Seed's forehead and replied, "I will... you told us yourself that this will be also beneficial to me right?"

Small Seed pouted and hugged his father's neck, "I did... but..."

Theo flicked Small Seed's forehead and gave Small Seed a pinched on his chubby cheeks.

"..."

[Do you have to be so abusive daddy?]

"Don't be too anxious... Are you belittling your Daddy ah? I'm with your father... Do you think they could do something bad with your father while your Daddy is here?" Theo grinned.

"... Can Small Seed say y--es?" Small Seed giggled as he tried to move away from Theo's hand, completely hiding his face on Yulrir's shoulder.

"Also, your father Riri isn't some kind of a delicate jade... He can kick your Daddy's ass without effort." Mikhail butted in with a poker face. As a single dog, he can't help but feel annoyed with Theo's intimacy towards his cute baby brother.