36 - The Final Three

"Hahaha that idiot Adelard, it seems like I won't be needing to beat the crap out of him since my wife had done it for me." Theo huffed proudly while crossing his arms.

All the other disciples who heard Theo can't help but shake their heads.

The tournament went on and unlike the first round, more and more contestants concede before even their actual matches. If earlier, Yulrir still needs to fight for his match, now -- his opponents eventually concede without resistance. They knew that they won't stand a chance in terms of prowess especially when their pride, a former top ranker from the last Inter-Academic Tournament had lost and even went out of conscious under the hands of a beta. They didn't dare to belittle Yulrir anymore. 

"Good thing I didn't dare push him earlier..." The burly guy who intercepted Yulrir before the tournament starts whispered to himself.

"Yes yes, I can't believe that a mere beta has a prowess like that." The skinny youth beside him paled.

Many disciples check Yulrir once in a while and heave a sigh. They are in awe and confused at the same time. As an alpha, they should be on top of the game but seeing a beta who should always have a mediocre talent rose before them, they feel a little bit complicated. Some alphas were starting to think malicious intents towards Yulrir and some are appreciating him for being unique. So to say, it gave birth to an invisible "Yulrir's Fanclub". Theo felt a little bit agitated seeing a couple of fellow alphas like him started to check Yulrir out especially the female alphas amongst the crowd--- ah well probably except for Shelley.

Shelley Fletcher is the only female alpha who joined the ranks from the last Interacademic Tournament, she placed 2nd after Adelard. She is in Group C and leading with all her matches won.

"That stupid Adelard, he belittled that puny beta a lot. So incompetent!" Shelley thought to herself. 

Shelley glanced to the direction of Yulrir and her eyebrows twitched. "So annoying." Shelley jeered.

"What is her problem?" Yulrir frowned and mumbled to himself. He wasn't an idiot, she knew that Shelley been looking at her with ill intent even before the semi-finals round. Yulrir had a strong Mana Perception since birth, probably that is why his talent in magic arts is good.

** Mana Perception is like a psychic ability which is basically akin to a radar but only exclusive to those who practice magic arts. Yulrir had initially shown this ability way back in Chapter 5.

After a couple of matches, the semi-final round ended and the final three are now identified.

Group A - Theo Mijazi (6 points)

Group B - Yulrir Bellaire (6 points)

Group C - Shelley Fletcher (6 points)

Those who got the 2nd and 3rd places at each of their respective groups during the Semi-Final rounds will be contending against each other to identify the final rank but that will be after the Final 3's match.

The crowd is excited about the final rounds and some even made some bets who will be the champion.  

The final round will be a round robin match between the Final Three and the arrangement of the match will be decided by draw lots.

Theo who is currently sitting proudly beside the headmaster in the VIP section can't help but throw a glance at Shelley Fletcher. He was intrigued by the other top pointer other than him and Yulrir. He is preoccupied with staring and daydreaming at Yulrir rather than watching the matches so he certainly doesn't pay attention to the other contestants.

"..." Theo stared at Shelley for a second and made no comment. He casually turned his head back to Yulrir and slumped back to his chair.

Logan had announced a 15-minute break for the tournament. The elders who are in charge of checking the arrays around the arena started doing their job to reinforce the array especially the array-barrier that serves as a shield for the audiences to avoid incidents. 

Yulrir is currently absorbing a low-grade mana stone provided by his master, Terra to replenish his mana to its peak before the finals start.

After the 15- minute break, Logan had again jumped to the center of the arena and announced that the Final Round will now start. The battle drums started to reverberate once again lifting the stadium's atmosphere up.

The crowd once again made an uproar even the elders are equally excited.

Logan drew 2 balls from the red pot and his calm eyes gleamed with anticipation.

"The first match will be..."

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes + + ;v;

Presenting Theo Mijazi - on his teens. I wanted to draw a full character sheet of the main characters but my schedule is really tight (aaaahh ;v;) but I shall try to do them bit by bit. I wanted to at least let you know how I see him when I did his character, well but it's up to you -- you might have a better imagination than my hand drawing haha ;v; I tried. 

Also added a shoulder-up shot of Yulrir below ;v; (with his mask at his mating age) -- though I feel he's a bit lacking when I drew him -- I'll try harder next time hahas

Again again! Please don't let these illustrations ruin the way you initially think of them, ;v;

THANK YOU GUYS!!!  *bows head*