82 - The Reunion

Thousand of miles away from the Serkoff's Palace, exactly within the Divine mountain range which separates Serkoff and Aurum Territory, lies a gigantic teleportation array. The teleportation array is surrounded with mage cultivators wearing a black robe.

The four pillars of the teleportation array lit up and complex magic seals had shot up from the teleportation plate. A blinding light engulfed the radius of the teleportation array and a crackling sound can be heard from within.

"WENNNNGGGG!"

Human silhouettes started to form within the teleportation plate as the light slowly dissipates.

"W-Welcome back Sect Master Cronus!" The surrounding cultivators bid attentively.

A white-masked man who has arrived alongside with the other cultivators through the teleportation array had nodded his head. He then stepped out of the teleportation array followed by the other younger cultivators behind him. These younger cultivators were the very same cultivators that Yulrir and the gang apprehended back in the Ancient Realm.

The white-masked man is naturally the current sect master of North Shadow Sea Sect. His upper robe is torn and a long wound from his left shoulder across his rightmost side of his waist can be seen. The wound was flesh but the bleeding had long stopped, it is obvious that the wound was far from being a threat to the sect master's life.

The crowd surrounding the teleportation array had parted away as the sect master dismissed them to tend to the other wounded comrades. A beautiful woman in a revealing violet robe had approached the Sect master and a look of concern is reflected in her phoenix eyes. "Who gave you this wound?" The woman, Cybele, said with a hint of contempt in her tone.

"It was the Golden Dragon's headmaster, the White Swordsman. What can I say? He really deserves his reputation." The sect master responded in a rather carefree manner as he waved his right hand dismissively.

"Mother!" A youth who have a handsome feature calmly trotted towards the two.

"Juno!" Cybelle opened up her arms and hugged the youth dearly.

"What happened to you?! You look skinnier than the last time! Have you succeeded in your mission?" Cybelle withdrew her hug on the youth and looked at him with full of concern.

"I failed to kill everyone... I was apprehended before I even finish it. I also failed to kill the bastard." Juno coldly spat out. He gritted his teeth and cast his head downwards.

"Apprehended? Aren't you stronger than that stupid monkey?" Cybelle said coldly.

"It seems like that they got themselves a reliable expert from the ancient realm which I assume who had a rank higher than mine." The Sect master who was long ignored by the mother and son had finally spoken.

"An expert and a higher rank than you? Are you sure? How can that be?" Cybelle gaped her lips open and looked at Juno for affirmation. Seeing her son nod, a frown had formed on her bewitching face.

"The expert appears to be a child and seemed to be closely attached to Theo and his mate. If I am not wrong, it might have been a contract beast that they luckily encountered within the realm." Juno responded to his mother with a heavy tone.

"Tch... Such luck! But if it is only a contract beast... Then as long as we get rid of its master, there will be a chance that we can subdue it." Cybelle said with a disdainful voice.

"You're correct." The sect master nodded calmly.

"By the way... Your son had also found something interesting..." Juno blurted out-of-the-blue.