56 - Herevias

Above the clouds, you'll see a flock of birds flying unrestricted in an orderly manner akin to how normal birds going on a migration. The only difference is that they are as big as 2 full grown elephants altogether. They have majestic sharp beaks and powerful wings enough to glide and flight smoothly through the sky. Also, these birds have fiery red-tails as if it was a phoenix's tail. If you are to look closely, you'll notice that above their bodies are youths sitting calmly as if they were only sitting on a parading horse. The bodies of the youths were covered with their own qis to protect themselves from the harsh wind and weather whilst some just regulates their mana to invoke wind barrier to protect themselves instead.

"I hope what we just showed will keep those annoying people away. " Yulrir said with a sigh while leaning on Theo's body.

Theo smiled and nodded. "As long as they know that you are already taken, they'll be at least be wary of creating much of a ruckus."

"That big brother of yours, on the other hand, is ignited by this act of us." Yulrir said with a frown.

"He always wanted to snatch everything I had... It was like a game for him." Theo said in a grim tone.

Yulrir tilted his head upwards and gave Theo a light nudge. "Then you'll just have to win right? "

Theo chuckled upon hearing Yulrir's statement. "Yeah. Sounds like a plan. "

Yulrir laughed carefreely and nodded, he then turned his head straight and look at the horizon in front of them.

"So this is how you see the world from above." Yulrir said in a soft voice.

"Mhmm... it's quite interesting how the towns look like ants from this high." Theo added.

The duo expended their time sightseeing and cultivating. Being together gets them an advantage to do 'dual cultivation'.

During the entire week of the journey, they haven't left each other's side. Even whenever they stop to take a break and eat or take a rest, they do everything together. It was enough to ignite the other alpha's jealousy and banter how lucky Theo is... Little did they know that the couple was doing this intentionally to prevent Yulrir being pestered. It was akin to a 'husband' saying that the 'wife' is already taken.

The journey soon ended and the whole week passed in a blink of an eye. The group of red-tailed hawks entered the territory of Herevias. Unlike the other towns or cities they passed by, the headmaster instructed the group to descend as the city restricts flying mounts or cultivators to fly around.

The red-tailed hawks were all recalled by the headmaster. The biggest red-tailed hawk which was initially mounted by the headmaster himself had issued a loud cry and the other hawks followed suit. Scar gave a reluctant glance at Yulrir who just gave him a rub on the head before issuing a loud cry and followed their leader away. 

"Be careful and see you Mr. Scar!" Yulrir mumbled and the hawk issued a sharp cry as a response.

In a blink of an eye, the group of red-tailed hawks had disappeared beyond the clouds. Everyone felt a bit sad with the sudden depart of their feathery friends, they were after all been together for the whole week of a journey. 

The headmaster laughed and gave his students a dismissive wave. "You can see them again once we return to the academy." 

The whole city was protected with tall walls which are at least 500 meters high. The wall is encrypted with various arrays which are activated when attacked. This is the heart of the Serkoff Kingdom and will be the last fortress when all comes to worst. The guards who are stationed at the city entrance are also at least the Deity Rank, the same rank as of the elders of the Golden Dragon Academy. The city entrance is crowded with people queuing up to get past inside the Herevias City. The entrance fee is 1 silver per person, it is considerable high as a 1 silver coin is enough to purchase food for a family of 3 for 1 week.