Chapter 3 Part 2 - Danger Within the Forest

The journey to the capital took a week by carriage. Noden and Lisha helped by the maids built a campsite for us.

"Ana-san, can you come with me for a bit?"

I called.

"Hmm? What is it, bozu? You need to go to toilet?"

She asked teasingly.

"No, I want to check on the forest for a bit."

I said. Anastasia sighed and agreed to accompany me. Anastasia had Night vision ability as I had my appraisal ability to detect my surroundings. I picked up the valuable grasses and put them inside my bag. At single glance, I was just picking grass randomly. I also picked some mushrooms, tree barks, mosses, and stalks.

"It seems like we got some guest, bozu."

Anastasia said. I stopped my gathering and appraised my surroundings. My eyes stopped on a single object in the darkness that was looking at me.

2-Headed Black Serpent Level 30

Title : Cannibal, Silent Killer, Night Predator.

"A black serpent might be bit difficult to fight while protecting you, bozu."

"Be careful of the second head, Ana-san."

I said. Anastasia stopped when I said that.

"Se-Second head you said?!!"

She said panicky. I sighed. I reached for my pocket and took 3 yellow vials and 3 purple vials and handed it to Anastasia.

"The yellow one is paralysis potion as the other one is antidote. I don't know if they are effective but at least they can help you easing the poison."

I said.

"Thank you, bozu, No, young master."

She said before running toward the serpent. Some hissing voice and female roar entered my ears. I used my appraisal to my surroundings over and over to avoid any monster.

"Phew, that was a close one."

Anastasia returned with triumphant smile. I saw her hem of the maid uniform a bit torn on here and there. I nodded and walked toward where the serpent corpse was. I took some empty bottles and wore my gloves.

I poured some of the serpent's saliva to the bottle.

"Yo-Young Master, what are you doing?!!"

I didn't listen to Anastasia's panicking voice and filled another bottle with serpent's blood. I took my knife and dug out the eyes of the serpent for the sake of my research.

"Let's return"

I said with smile. I disposed the poison smeared gloves and followed Anastasia's lead to the camp. I made a note for myself that I can't go to the forest without any combat ability.