Chapter 42 - Aftermath of the Battle

Lisa's POV

I was astonished. This was the first time I saw such scene. The two girls who I suppose to fight against were fighting against each other and had their body bathed in their own blood as their wounds weren't closing at all.

While at the other side, I saw the leader of the enemy's group was looking downward emotionlessly. She had let go of her rapier and stayed still like a broken doll.

The assassin girl was in a worse condition. She was hugging her knees at several distance from her own weapon. She looked like a little girl who was abandoned by their family in a deep dark alley by herself. Both of them looked like had seen an outrageous mental shock from an invisible factor.

"Noden, stop playing around and finish that fatty. She looked strong but I don't need her. So kill her as an example for her comrades and superiors."

Ren said. He was staring at the girls who were fighting among themselves while stretching his right hand at their direction.

"I guess they are quite tattered enough. Let's finish their treatment right away."

He muttered. He stretched his left hand toward the girls.

"Kyaaaa!!" "Help!!"

Both of them suddenly let go of the weapons and fell down as they held one of their wounds.

"Please spare us!!"

"Master!! No!!"

They screamed for Ren's Mercy. Several minutes later, the scream stopped. Both of the girls were lying down weakly. They were conscious but their mind were blank. Ren sighed and turned his face toward Noden.

When I looked at the meat headed partner of mine, he was already finished cutting the limbs of the last enemy. He faced us and was dumbfounded when he saw the states of the girls.

"It Ren, just what did you do to them? They suddenly became something incomprehensible there."

He said.

"I just crush them mentally. Nothing more. Kuh!!"

Ren said. He groaned a bit when he moved his body.

"Are you alright?"

I asked him.

"As you can see, I'm quite tattered here. I just close the wounds with pseudo hemostasis I made with alchemy. The blood stopped leaking out but the pain hasn't disappeared at all. Kuh!!"

He said. Noden quickly supported him.

"Can you really continue this trial like this? Or rather isn't it impossible already?"

Noden asked worriedly.

"Well, don't know for sure. I just hope that my senpai will give me some leeway or another."

He said half jokingly. He stretched out his hand to the pool of blood under him. Black chain suddenly rose from the pool and flew toward four girls who tried to kill him.

Kachin!!

The sound of a metallic lock being locked echoed. The extended chains now were attached to the girls' limbs and neck. Ren sighed as he held the other end of the chain.

"Well, when the times come probably I can at least use these girls as a shield."

He added.

"Ah, can I ask you to pick up the loot? I want to carry them myself but it seems like it's impossible for now."

He said while pointing at the laid down weapons. Seeing this, I can't help but sighing at him. It seems like his messed up common sense had become messier the longer he stayed here.