Chapter 61 - New (Dangerous) Enemy

??????'s POV

In the room called dance hall of the Dead, two entities were struggling in order to eliminate each other. On one side was the undead overlord which was could be said as the ruler of the aforementioned room. He was an undead with the form of a skeleton with dark purplish soul flame in his eye sockets and heart. It had a large mass of mana and miasma and had ability to summon, strengthen, and evolve any lower class undead at will.

On the other side was a young man with black hair. He was carrying a talking sword with powerful dark aura on his waist and was holding a holy spear and a holy shield in his hands. He was moving around nimbly as to dodge any dark magic and curses fired by the wailing wraiths in front of him or the death knights behind him and the charges of large mass of assembled bones in the form of a giant palms wrapped in miasma and to counterattack with his holy spear. 

The battle of both sides had lasted for long time. for the undead, term of fatigue didn't exist no matter how long the battle would last. But, for the young man, the longer the battle the more disadvantageous he would be. But, he could almost do nothing there. After all, he had no room to prepare any other move himself or so he thought.

"Oioioi!! Isn't this the time you should go all out Master? You still hasn't unleashed your demon or dragon power even once!!"

The sword, Garm, said.

"Ah!! Shut it Garm!! I want to use that so badly if I want to but I heard from Lucio that using my demonic power here is bad move!! And do you think Illusion works on Undead?!!"

The boy, Ren, replied angrily.

"Etto, I don't know whether I should tell you this or not but I think that Lucio dude isn't someone who worth of trusting, Master. I bet that guy had lied to you for good."

Garm said.

"But, the risk is not worth it if I used it here!!"

Ren said. If there was someone who had 'decent' common sense watching this scene he/she probably would have his jaw dropped seeing such young man who had supposed to be in pinch dealing with those undead was still having some room to arguing with his sword.

"Then toss that spear already!! You probably didn't realize it but with your meager skill, if you boosted me with your dark element dragonic power, those curses would do nothing on you!!"

Garm suggested.

"Ha? What are you saying tossing my spear is- Ah!! There's that method too!!"

Ren who was about to refute Garm's suggestion stopped midway. He got some idea from that suggestion of his. Ren stopped countering with his spear and focused on dodging the incoming attacks. Magic circles started appearing around Ren's body. They rotated around him like satellites orbiting the planet. 

One magic circle, two magic circles, four magic circles, eight magic circles...

the number kept multiplying as the time passed. After reaching certain number magic circles appeared, Ren turned his back toward the undead overlord. He poised his shield in front of him and leaped toward the ranks of death Knights. 

SLAM!! BOOM!!

The shield collided with one of the knights and bashed him into the wall. Just as the shield collided, the magic circles moved toward single point. they aligned themselves into single line that made them looked like a cannon barrel made of magic circles. As soon as the magic circles in position, Ren quickly threw his spear toward them.

The spear passed the first magic circle. The magic circles held one type of magic and that was Acceleration type spell. Just by touching the magic circle, the spear's speed was doubled. The doubled speed was further doubled by the next magic circle and so on. The spear which was already accelerating at quite high speed if it was thrown normally by Ren was accelerated at frightening degree in instant. This was Ren's specialty trick using his arcane spell, (False Railgun). 

The undead Overlord sensed a danger when Ren leaped away from him. He poised both gigantic skeletal palms in front of him as a shield. If it was an ordinary spear, let alone harming him even scratching his skeletal palms were impossible no matter how fast it was accelerated. But this time it was a holy weapon which was almost par with the weapon of those heroes who are specialized for hunting Demon Lords, the existence higher level than Undead Overlord. 

The skeleton palms crumbled down like pieces of towers of children wooden block got struck by a high speed baseball. The undead who were also near the line of the track known as the death knight and the wraiths received the sonic boom coated in holy aura and got purified into dust. The speed decreased by the impact of the skeleton palms but it was still have its momentum. It penetrated past the pseudo shield toward the undead overlord and pierced his skull.

Or it should have been. 

CLANK!! BOOM!!

Before the spear reached the undead overlord, a bipedal figure jumped between the spear which traveled faster than speed of sound and swung an absurdly large scythe upward and parried it upward. The high speed spear got its momentum changed direction and it sank deeply into the ceiling.

"Wha-!!"

Ren got lost of words. Normally speaking it should be impossible to see that attack in that speed let alone parrying it. The figure smiled with a smug face. He put his giant scythe on his shoulder as he stood in front of the undead overlord. He was a humanoid monster. He was a bipedal monster wearing a tuxedo with his legs arms and face covered in white fur, red eyes and bunny face. Yes, the person who managed to parry the supposed to be the sure-kill attack was a 2 meters tall bipedal rabbit carrying a large scythe.

"Phew, that was close one don't you think? Watching from the side is fun especially when you were in pinch but seeing that attack I can't afford my subordinate got done in like that right?"

The rabbit mocked. Ren felt that this bunny was not someone he could make light of. After all beside the fact he could deflect that spear, this guy also had tremendous amount of mana around him.

"Who are you?"

Ren asked. His eyes was sharp as he was wary of this person.

"Wha- You- How- How can you stay alive after that you wretched bunny?!!!"

Just before the question Garm let out an angry voice at the bunny.

"Oya? Isn't it our Ace of Spades, Garm-chan? It seems like you have found your way home."

The bunny said.

"You know him, Garm?'

Ren asked.

"This is bad, this guy was one of the previous [Grim  Acedia Demon Lord]'s legion's top brass, Lunatic Lepus."

Garm said with rather grim voice.