Chapter 76 - Panic

Emilia was busy again today. There were a lot of paperwork to read and solve, place to visit, and several people to meet. But, that packed schedule of hers wasn't much of concern. The reason of her calmness was the news of her son coming to the village. Her aging body had been rejuvenated thanks to the divine blessing which Ren had obtained after slaying a demon lord.

The house was quiet. Only the sound of her quill pen scribbling on the parchment could be heard. Anastasia was doing laundry outside, Eris and Nova were watching over Shade's daily battle. To be honest, she wished that Shade just got hooked with the persistent martial art girl, Rin, already as it was so irritating to see the girl who constantly trying to get a dense man.

DON! DON! Don!

The door was knocked violently. Emilia's hand stopped and looked at the doorway. A man walked in with rough breathing and panicked expression.

"Emilia-sama, this is bad!! We must evacuate everybody from this place!!"

The man said.

"Oros, calm down first and tell me what happened?"

Emilia said.

"A dragon!! A dragon is heading toward this place!!"

Oros said.

"A dragon huh? There shouldn't be a problem right? Eris, Nova and Shade are outside. They should be enough handling that dragon."

Emilia said.

"That's not the problem, Emilia-sama. We had seen Eris-sama and Nova-sama's Dragon Form countless times and know well their prowess. However, this time, the size isn't something comparable with theirs."

Oros said.

"Incomparable size? Just how huge is that dragon?"

Emilia said.

"According to the scout, the size is around 40 meters height and its wingspan is around 200 meters each."

Oros said. Emilia's quill pen fell from her hand. Her complexion completely changed. She stood from her seat.

"This is emergency!! Announce the evacuation order and send some people order the other villages to evacuate!!"

Emilia ordered.

"Y-YES!!"

Oros replied. He went out of the room followed by Emilia. They went outside and froze in place. Above the village, or rather above the mountain where the village, the aforementioned dragon was flying around the mountain while looking at the perimeter.

"Emilia-sama!!"

Anastasia called up to her. She had left her laundry behind to join her Mistress when she saw the gigantic dragon above them. The dragon was flying in circle over and over without any sign of attacking.

"Emilia-san!!"

Eris called out to her. Emilia looked toward her and saw Eris, Nova, and Shade were running toward her. Behind them, a sole girl was desperately running after them. 

"How was the villagers?"

Emilia asked. 

"Everyone had fallen into despair. None dared to move and stayed on the spot to pray that the dragon wouldn't kill them."

Nova said.

"Eris, Nova, do you know what kind of dragon is that?"

Emilia asked.

"We don't know the exact species but its aura is unmistakable a Kaiser-Class Dragon."

Nova said.

"I don't know why that guy appear here, but his appearance alone is already bad news. The weakest one of that guy's kin is enough to eradicate a town in a second. And for that size, I doubt that he can't erase the whole mountain with single breath."

Eris added.

"Even with five of us here, I doubt that we can last even a second against that."

Anastasia commented.

"Not even a second huh? This is bad. At this rate, I might not be able to see my son and grandchild anymore huh?"

Emilia looked saddened somehow. But, she felt something was off somehow. She looked around and saw Shade was helping the girl who was breathing heavily after running desperately to match the speed of Nova, Eris, and Shade. 

"Shade, how come you're so calm when that dragon appeared?"

Emilia asked.

"Ah, about that-"

When he was about to explain that, a figure descended at extreme speed. Dust rose up from it landed on the ground. When the dust cleared up, two figures could be seen. Figures of a girl with blond hair and a maid with angel wings carrying her could be seen when the dust slowly disappearing.

Suddenly, from the girl's direction, something flew toward Emilia. Nobody had no chance to react at all or rather, they don't need to as the identity of that flying object was-

"KYUII!!!"

-Lilliana Concerto, the granddaughter of Emilia. Emilia who was dumbfounded only could watch the little dragon snuggled to her bosom.

"Ah, Lily!! You can't suddenly fly out like that!"

The girl called back the little dragon. The Everyone but Shade were shocked seeing the identity of the girl and the maid. 

"It has been a while, Okaa-sama."

Alicia greeted her. Emilia was the first to react. She smiled and approached her.

"Yeah, it has been a while, Alicia."

She smiled to the greatest sense, completely forgetting the anxiety about the dragon above them.

"Since you and Lily are here, I can guess that the maid is Karina. But, where's Ren?"

Nova asked.

"Eh, Shade, you have yet to tell them?"

Alicia asked. Everyone's gaze were directed toward Shade.

"It's not like I'm not trying you know? When I was about to tell everyone, Rin arrived at the house and dragged me outside. When I was about to explain that the dragon is Ren-sama, everyone ignored me and were panicking."

Shade said. Everyone else but Oros, Rin, and Alicia's group froze up.

"Shade, what did you just say?"

Nova asked while trembling.

"I was about to tell everyone, Rin arrived-"

"Not that, after that."

"Everyone ignored me and were panicking."

"Not that either. The lines before that!"

Nova said irritated. He knew that Shade was purposely avoided that sentence.

"That dragon is Ren-sama."

Shade said calmly.

"""WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!!"""

Eris, Nova, Anastasia and Emilia couldn't help but to shout in surprise. Oros and Rin were clueless about what was happening. While Ren was flying around while trying to figure out how he was going to land without causing a landslide or the ground collapse which might cause a casualty among the citizen.