Chapter 12 Part 1 - Heroes

A month had passed. The kingdom was getting restless from the rumor of the demon lord's revival and the saint's disappearance. Maximillian Kingdom and the other human nations started gathering their army to fight against the demons. The Demi-human Alliance agreed to the cooperation with the Human Alliance to fight against the demons with the heroes as the center.

In the training facility of the Church of Volt, five figures were sparring against 20 trained knights at once.

"Haa!!"

A girl with black ponytail swung her sword horizontally. Three knights who tried to intercept them were blown away.

"Monzono, you're too farway, retreat few steps before you got surrounded!!"

A boy with broccoli shaped hairstyle said.

"Yes, Haruta-kun!!"

Monzono kicked the ground backward. The rear guards of the knights released some arrows at her. Haruta raised his hand to the sky.

"Protection Array!!"

As soon as Monzono retreated back Haruta casted a protection magic. Thin layer of barrier spread with him as the center. The arrows which was about to hit Monzono rebounded after colliding with the barrier.

"Thanks!!"

Monzono said before readying her sword.

"EAT THIS!!"

BOOM!!!

An explosion occurred on the other side of the battlefield. A guy with brown spiky hair swung his swords downward. Holy light gushed forth from his sword and blasted everything on its path.

"You're overdoing it, Daigo!!"

Haruta shouted at him. The knights who were outside the blasted area rushed forward with their shield protecting their body.

"Tch!!"

Daigo clicked his tongue.

"Ichinose!! Takayashiki!! Help that idiot!!"

Haruta commanded.

"Yes!! Feels the anger of nature, Fire Lance!!"

The girl with short and boyish hairstyle, Ichinose, casted a spell and fired a barrage of fire lances.

"Understood!! Akari, Aoi, please defeat my enemies!!"

A girl with long loose hair pointed her finger at the approaching knights. Two small dragons with red and blue scales flew in front of her and began breathing red and blue flames.

"YES!! THAT'S THE END!!"

An explosive voice echoed throughout the battlefield. Everyone stopped their advance and bowed toward the armored Paladin coming from the spectator seat.

"Archbishop Augustus"

Haruta bowed.

"You're getting better at leading your team, Haruhide."

Augustus praised.

"You're flattering me, Archbishop"

Haruta bowed.

"Ichinose and Takayashiki have a good response too during this training. But, Ichinose, you should manage your mana better. It'll be disastrous if you ran out of mana on critical situation. Takayashiki has good control over your tamed dragons but you shouldn't move them too far from your place and left yourself defenseless. If the tamer died, the tamed beast will run amok and the battle will be even more chaotic."

Augustus said.

""YES!!""

The two said in unison.

"As for Monzono and Sakakimoto, you two are too reckless. Monzono's tendency to charge forward was too focused on the enemy. You'll be an easy prey for the magician if your escape route is blocked. Unlike humans, demons have a mindset that sacrificing some grunts to catch the enemy's best potential is necessary. You'll die fast if you don't change that mindset. Sakakimoto, you're indeed the strongest here. Your attack can blast a lot of enemies at once but your recklessness is even worse than Monzono and your mana management is the worst in the group."

Augustus criticized.

"As long as I took the enemies' leaders, it's fine right? You're too worrywart."

Daigo said.

"My apologies for my lacking, Archbishop."

In contrary to Daigo, Monzono was regretting her mistakes.

"You should learn more from her, Sakakimoto."

Augustus scolded.

"Mind your own business, old man."

Daigo said.

"Oh, it seems the training is over."

The Pope said as he approached the five youths.

"Pope-sama, it's rare to see you here."

Augustus greeted him.

"No need for formalities. The citizen is getting restless by the rumors. The Alliance has decided that tomorrow we will reveal the heroes to the world."

The Pope said.

"Understood"

Augustus said.

"Then, heroes, please prepare yourself for the audience."

The Pope said.