Chapter 22 part 2 - Knight Side : Despair

Maximilian 2nd Knight Order Captain's POV)*

I watched the battlefield from the back. My heavy knight units were already clashing with the rebels. I really pity them as they had chosen the wrong path by opposing The Hero King, Sakakimoto Daigo-sama. He was a selfish and foolish bit his charismatic aura was a proof that he will become a true king like a lion.

The rebellion had occurred in the whole kingdom since the king was crowned by the Pope last year. The previous king was foolish for angering both the Pope and the hero which ended up being him branded as a traitor of humanity by the church and alliance. The heretic former Royal siblings, the heretic hero of Love, and the evil dragon Ren were also branded as wanted criminals by the church and still haven't been found yet.

"Reporting in!! The third squad was getting pressed by the rebel attacks!! The damages on their shield also started to visible."

A platoon leader reported in. I nodded at him and issued a command right away.

"Send out the fourth and fifth platoon to cover them. The third platoon fall back and get your equipment repaired!!"

The platoon leader saluted and left. I issued this command to tire the rebels army as we slowly chip away their weapon durability, their physical stamina and mentality. This was my strategy which I had obtained from the royal strategist. At first we didn't have any result but after a week of repeated process, the rebels were started be pushed back. Their weapons were started to become frugal and fragile thanks to the magically enchanted armors given by the royal strategist.

"At this rate, my promotion should be soon after I completely subdue this rebels."

I muttered. When I was relaxing suddenly the left rear of the newly replaced platoon exploded. Dust rose to the sky and the left part of the formation were sent flying by the shockwave.

"What happened?!!"

I shouted to inquire the situation.

"It-It's a woman!!"

A knight platoon leader said.

"A female warrior suddenly appear and attacked us!!"

He added.

"Are you telling me that woman was the cause of that explosion?!!"

I asked angrily. No matter what this report is unbelievable.

Boom!!

"Gyaaaaaaaa!!!!"

Another explosion occured and a knight was sent flying and landed nearby. But, this time, instead left side it occured on the right side.

"A dark Knight attacking us!!"

A soldier shouted.

"Kuh!! This is bad. It seems like I miscalculated their true might. They still have such hidden Trump card."

I groaned.

"Call the rear guard and tell them to rain those two with magic and arrows!!"

I shouted.

"Reporting in!! The magician squad and archer squad are wiped out by mysterious assassin!! And the fro-"

Before the troop leader finished his report, his head was pierced by an arrow from behind the momentum of the aero also dragged the body and pinned the head to the ground as if it forced the mentioned troop leader to bow down to me.

"Gargh!!" "Ahhh!!!"

A scream after another came from my aides. Arrows which kept coming from who knows where kept flying to my camp at high speed and pierced the head of each platoon leader and aides.

This was a nightmare. My troop was nearly annihillated just in a blink of eye. My confidence from few moments ago turned into a despair.

I stared at the front line. Dust was rising to the air as my heavy knights were sent flying like thrashes. Explosion occured and after another as the dust rose to the air along with my knights.

"I need to report this to His Majesty."

I muttered. I turned around to reach my horse but i stopped my legs upon seeing a maid with fox mask stood in my way while holding knives with blood dripping from their blades.

Our eyes met and i felt that death was coming to pick me up.

"Hiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!"

I shrieked and fell on my butt from the fear.

"So, this is the leader huh? What a pathetic person."

I heard a woman voice behind me. I turned back and saw a woman in metallic armour was looking down at me. She was a beautiful woman who you would admire as goddess normally. She was looking down at me with disgust and it gave me a shiver on the spine somehow. Behind her, a dark knight with dangerous vibe surrounding his body was looking at me no, he was glaring at me or rather aiming for my soul.

I trembled from the fear. I could feel that warm sensation spreading on my crotch.

"Then, I will have you to spit out some Intel for me."

The woman said.

"Don't worry, our maid is a master on torture and interrogation."

She added. Looking at the maid with fox mask, I saw her wiping her knife with our knight order flag while humming a song.