Chapter 24 Part 1 - Calming Down

We built a camp in the forest beyond the mountain after four hours flying toward the west. I put the sleeping Alicia inside the tent. She must have it rough both physically and mentally.

"You're not going to sleep with her, Ren?"

My mother asked. I scratched my cheek and averted my eyes.

"Tha-that's well..."

I couldn't answer her straight.

"What? You won't?"

She looked disappointed.

"That's no good you know. You mustn't do that you know. You mustn't give her that cold treatment you know? It's like you're giving a high hope before abandoning her. Right, it was like you're stopping after foreplay before the real game."

She said.

"Isn't that analogy is bit too bizarre?!!!"

I retorted.

"You're retorted on that huh? Well that aside, hurry up and accompany her already!! She will be worried if you're not beside her when she woke up later."

She scolded. I sighed and looked at the other tent. Rosemaria was in her maid attire with her mask hanging on the left side of her head. She hummed as she prepared for cooking the dinner. Karina was sitting in front of the camp while maintaining her sword. Fianna was not present so she probably went hunting or foraging.

I sighed as I have nothing to do. I turned around and decided to enter the tent. I approached the prepared bedding with a single girl sleeping soundly on it. I looked at her face which looked at peace. I stretched my hand toward her. I gently touched her face.

Doki!

My heartbeat became louder and faster. The more I looked at her, the more I realized that I had fallen in love with her since long ago. At that time, Alicia slowly opened her eyes.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

I asked. I retracted my hand but she caught it with her hands.

"Can we stay like this for a bit longer?"

She begged. Whether I was conscious of it or not, my face approached hers. I closed my eyes and kissed her forehead.

"Mu"

She seemed displeased. I titled my head.

"That's obviously not enough, right?"

She said before pulling me by my hand. Being unprepared for it, I lost my balance and tumbled toward her. At that time, I felt soft sensation overlapped with my lips. I didn't know how long the time passed as we kissed. We parted for a bit.

I stared at her eyes. She was also looking at me. I approached her face again and kissed her again and again. And started with that, we spent the rest of the day cuddling on each other.

"Sorry for disturbing your time, Ren-sama. It's time for dinner."

Rosemaria called us from the outside. I looked at Alicia who was in my arm.

"Shall we go?"

I asked. She nodded and we headed outside where our party had been waiting. There, Fianna and Karina were already sitting beside the fire in their non combat attire. Rosemaria was in her maid form and my mother had taken off her armor.

"Eh? Emilia-sama?"

Alicia was surprised seeing mother sitting at near the fireplace.

"It has been a while Alicia. You've grown into splendid lady, Alicia."

My mother said leisurely.

"I-It has been a while. A-And thank you for the praise, Emilia-sama."

Alicia replied with polite language.

"Ara? Alicia, that's not how you're supposed to call me right?"

Mother said.

"Ah, m-my deepest apologies, Mo-Mother."

She apologized.

"Ara ara, you're just so cute, Alicia. You're really wasted on my good-for-nothing son here."

"Hey!!"

I retorted on her comment.

"N-No, please don't say that. It was me who is not worthy to be with Ren-sama."

Alicia said.

"You don't have to respond to that joke, Alicia."

I said to her.

"The joking is enough, Milady. The food is going to be cold."

Rosemaria scolded.

"Ah, that's true. Let's eat."

Mother said.

"I agree."

I added.

"By the way, Ren-sama."

Alicia called. I turned my head to Alicia. Her face was smiling like an angel but somehow chills crawled through my spine.

"About the two ladies who helped you rescuing me, can we have a proper talk about them later?"

She asked. Without any hesitation I consented as I already seeing an image of an asura rising behind her back.