Chapter 4 Part 1 - Life in the Capital

"HAA!"

"Too slow!"

I watched Leo's training with my mother at the castle yard. I sat under the shadow of a tree as I reviewed my potion crafting and recipe. I wrote them in English so that even someone stole it from me, they won't be able to decipher it.

I glanced at the entrance of the castle. A little girl was jogging toward me. She was Leo's younger sister, Alicia. She carried some kind of book again with her. Behind her, a butler was following her.

"Ren-nii-sama!!"

She called me. I closed my book and stored it inside my bag.

"Hora, stop running."

I scolded her. She stopped running and began walking with quick pace. Looking at her like this was quite funny. She showed me the book. It was a thick picture book with several compiled stories inside.

Alicia was born prematurely and had weak constitution. I found it out when I heard it from Leo last year. I checked her status with appraisal and found that she was physically weak so I made her some elixir that would gradually strengthen her physical. I diluted it and gave some flavor with fruit juice before giving it to her of course. I handed it to her personal butler and guardian every 7 days until now.

"Hmm? You want me to read it for you?"

I asked her. She nodded excitedly.

"Molar-san, how long is it till the study time?"

I asked Alicia's butler. When I became very close to Leo and helped Alicia's recovery, the king assigned me to have similar study session as Leo such as in etiquette, Linguistic and Literature, Arithmetic, Dance, Basic swordsmanship (with my mother), and Strategic Warfare. I was exempted from Magic and Politic study and used the time for crafting potions and experimenting.

At the beginning this world had no concept of map or terrain-based strategy. During the Strategic Warfare, I introduced the mapping process and bit by bit, the map of the town, then the terrain of the surroundings of the capital, and finally the kingdom's map was made. At the beginning the teacher would taught us about the basic warfare strategy before three of us had a discussion of the terrain strategy for the case of emergency.

During the dancing class, Alicia sometimes insisted to join us and had me as her dancing partner. The Arithmetic one was piece of cake for me who had lived in modern era. Etiquette and Literature was quite hurdle for me. My swordsmanship was a so-so. My mother always beat us even when we gang up on her.

-y