Chapter 82 - The Meeting (1)

A week after I managed to master the human transformation, I gathered my allies. We borrowed the village hall for this meeting. I sat in the middle seat as the leader of the meeting. On my right, Lilliana was enjoying some candy I gave her while sitting on Alicia's lap. While on my left, My mother was sitting while waiting for the meeting to start. Behind her, Anastasia stood there silently like a model maid.

Sitting beside my mother was Nova and Eris while beside Alicia there were Karina and Shade. Or it should have been. However, for some reason, the girl who had crush on Shade, Rin, was joining the meeting. She was sitting beside him while glancing at his face from time to time.

"Then, let's start the meeting."

I declared. Everyone's attention was focused on me. I took a pile of paper from my inventory and put it on the desk. They were the compilation of information I obtained from my subordinates. Of course, I had Karina write them for me.

"Today, I will announce the current situation outside this village. This is the current report I had gathered from the rest of my subordinates. They were mainly regarding the movement of the church and Maximillian Kingdom."

I said. Nobody had reacted to this just yet. I predicted that Alicia would react to this but on the contrary, she was calm. 

"Then, the first information I got was coming from Sora. It is regarding Leo's group."

I said after picking a bundle from the piles of paper. The written report mostly the observation report on Leo's movement which could be observed from the horse perspective.

"Leo has yet to know the movement of the Kingdom but currently he was amassing some forces of a mercenary. He was currently waging a war against the tyrannical local lord with his group. Rose had been more active in the espionage activity than her housework. From this report, I judged that he might be in a pinch if the church decided to meddle in this matter."

I said. Alicia was the first one to react. It was natural after all this matter involved her brother and her mother. 

"Honestly, I want to help them immediately but their current location is the farthest among the rest of our allies. So, maybe we couldn't do much by ourselves."

I added. Alicia looked downward. She was really worried about her family.

"But, Leo's subordinates are rather competent bunch it seems. With mother-in-law as his advisor, I doubt that Leo won't be able to win this war."

I said to comfort Alicia.

"In that case, shouldn't we contact Sora to warn Leo-sama about Maximillian's movement?"

Anastasia suggested.

"I bet you all forget about this. But, you should remember, Sora is a horse!! Without the telepathy ability, conversing with him is impossible."

I said. Everyone tensed up, especially Karina and Shade. It seems like they forgot that Sora was a horse all this time as they had used the legion chat to have a discussion with him.

"Also, I had asked Mark and Flo to ask the help of Lyold-san and Elle-sensei to send some form of aid to Leo. But, with the tense atmosphere around Maximillian, I bet moving a large force is almost impossible."

I said. I wanted to give them some relief but stating the fact is something I deemed correct at the current state as there were many more urgent news piled in the report.

"The next news came from Blade's group. Blade and Mana had managed to find and train the Hero of Courage, Monzono Kagura. By a twist of events, after her training, she had decided to become our ally. The three of them are currently in the country of beastkin. After receiving the blessing after I killed Demon Lord Invidia, their race evolved into a high ranked subraces of the beastkin tribe and received a great reception from the authority. Thanks to that, the beastkin country had started to build a countermeasure against the possible underhanded attacks of the church and Maximillian."

I said. From this information, my mother and Rin raised their hand. I let my mother spoke first.

"There're a lot of things to comment regarding that. First, What do you mean by you had killed a Demon Lord? Also, does that mean you also have some authority in Beastkin Country?"

My mother asked. I looked at Rin.

"Umm... Etto, I want to confirm something beforehand actually. I have heard various rumors about Emilia-san and the rest that you all are exiled nobles and such but just in case, I would like to know everyone's identity."

Rin said hesitantly.

"Thank you, Rin-san. Then, let's answer it in order. About our identity, the rumor about being exiled nobles are true. I am a former Noble of Maximillian with the rank of a Baron, my mother was a former Saint of the Holy Church, and Alicia is a former princess of that kingdom before a rogue person claiming to be a hero usurped the throne by force."

I said. Rin's face turned pale. She then turned toward Shade as if to confirm something.

"The rest of us aren't nobles. Anastasia-san is Emilia-sama's maid from the start. Eris and Nova are Ren-sama's comrade in arms to fight against demon lords before they got marked as fugitives when assisting Ren-sama during the rebellion against the usurper. Karina and I became Ren-sama's subordinate after he got branded as a fugitive."

Shade explained. Rin sighed in relief.

"The answer regarding mother's questions is we don't have such authority in Beastkin Country. Blade and Mana are just treated as the guest of honor in the clan of their respective subraces with Hero of Courage tagging along as a bonus. Also, about me killing a demon lord, it's a fact. After all, thanks to that I had lost my last line of humanity and turned into a pure dragon now."

I explained.

"How come you confronted one in the first place? Did your instinct of a hero dragged you to slay that demon lord?"

Mother asked again.

"No, that creeps is trying put, etto, I don't know whether I should say it's him or her as that demon's gender is ambiguous, so in summary, that guy tried to make Alicia and Lilliana into a plaything so I got pissed off and make that thing kicked the bucket. That's all."

I said halfheartedly.

"I see..."

Mother smiled wryly hearing my explanation.

"Ren-sama's reasoning aside, it is a fact that Ren-sama had fought against that demon lord for Lily's and my sake but Ren-sama quite overdid it you see... I mean he had leveled a whole city into nothing but piles of rubbles."

Alicia followed up.

"A city... killing demon lord... Shade-sama, I started to understand why you chose Ren-sama to serve. This person does not only have an outstanding background but also mighty prowess in his arsenal."

Rin said monotonously. It seems like the explanation earlier had shaved her SAN point.

"Don't mind it. You'll get used to it in no time."

Shade said calmly.