Chapter 23 Part 4 - Marriage Buster

Riding on my storm gryphon I led my party toward the capital. Since we were flying, the land obstacles were nothing to us and we could just fly straight to the capital. But, to avoid any unnecessary attention we landed in the forest near the capital. 

Sora who was unable to enter the capital without a rider dashed toward our direction. But, as expected of a horse, despite have been evolved by the crest of zodiac brave, he was still neighing as ever. I was unable to understand what he said but it seems like Karina and Fianna were able to speak with him. Perhaps there was a mind link between the members of the braves.

"Sora said that the princess was already brought inside two days ago. Based on what he had heard from passing by merchants, the king was going to hold a marriage ceremony with her by tomorrow."

Karina explained. I felt my irritation was reaching the peak. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. 

WHACK!!

I received a hit on my head.

"What was that for!!"

I shouted at my mother who had hit me out of nowhere.

"You need to calm down, idiot son. If you go on a rampage now, you will be branded as a criminal for sure. Rescuing Alicia-chan indeed important but you must choose your method carefully. If you force your way to the castle now, not only it will damage the capital, it will also make your image as a hero fall to the bottom and you might slaughter the innocents who you want to free from that tyrant."

My mother explained.

"I'm sorry."

I apologized for my foolishness.

"So, have you make a plan?"

She asked.

"It might be reckless but I think I will steal the bride during the ceremony."

I said.

"Hou, that was quite interesting methody you're thinking. So, how will you do it?"

She asked again.

"I plan to infiltrate the capital tonight. We'll make a hole with alchemy on the wall near the west gate which was connected to the slum. As for tomorrow, I will directly rush to the wedding venue to wreck it. But, I will only bring Karina, Fianna and Sora. Mother and Anastasia will move as a separate unit. I want Mother's group to neutralize the anti-air measure and lead our mounts inside for our escape."

I said.

"I see... Then, let's do that. But, don't kill anyone alright?"

Mother warned.

"I know it mother. But, I might demolish the building used for the ceremony."

I added.

"If it's held in the castle, minimize the damage as much as possible."

She said.

"If the building belong to the church?"

I asked.

"Maa, I won't have any complain on that. Or rather, can you demolish it in my stead? I'm already too irritated with that holy man wannabe the most."

She said as if she was joking. But, her eyes showed her hatred toward the church's personnel very much.

"I understand."

I could only reply her with affirmation.

The night of the capital was very quiet. It was unlike the old capital he knew in the past which the night was filled with life of the night street stalls. The only activities that could be sensed is just the vicinity was the movements of the night patrol or stray animals in the alleyway.