Chapter 21 Part 2 - Mother

"Was that your true feeling, Milord?"

Karina asked. I didn't answer her question. I just looked up at the sky and took a deep breath.

"Ren-sama?"

Fiana was confused with my behavior.

"Well, about that.... Of course it was a big fat lie. How was it? Is my acting great?"

I said jokingly.

"That was an acting?"

Karina was surprised. I smirked and looked toward the golden sphere in front of me. I took a deep breath and operated my party system. When the system scanned the surrounding, my mother's and Rosemaria' names appeared.

Without any hesitation I sent a party request. Several minutes passed. There was no response from my mother.

It seems like those two were unconscious inside the sphere. I walked toward the sphere and touched it.

"Mother"

I called for her. Suddenly the sphere shook violently. I took some steps away when the sphere had some massive cracks on the surface.

When the shell completely shattered, I saw two figures lying on the ground.

"Mother!!"

I called for her name as I rushed to her side. I reached for her body and checked her pulse. Her pulse was faint but it was still there. I quickly took out my blood elixir and made her drink it bit by bit.

I have Karina took care of Rosemaria as I took care of my mother. We took them into my tent and put them on the bed I had prepared.

My mother complexion became better as the time passed but her consciousness has yet returned.

Two days passed. My mother has yet regained her consciousness. I created some IV liquid and gave it to her. Various nutrition was injected through the liquid.

"Uuu...."

I heard a moan from the bed. I looked up and saw my mother opened her eyes.

"Mother!!"

I called for her name. She turned her face toward me.

"Are? To see Minato-kun's face like this, am I in heaven already?"

She was still half-asleep as she spoke like that.

"What are you talking about, Mother? It's me, Ren!!"

I corrected her.

"Ren?"

She titled her head. She stared at my face carefully.

"Mmmm.... Your facial shape is indeed looked like Ren but that hair and eyes is completely different."

She said.

"There are some reasons for this."

I said averting my eyes.

"Then, proof it if you're​ my son, Ren."

She said.

"Do I have to show the birthmarks on my back?"

I asked.

"Eh? Did I ever tell you about that mark?"

She was surprised.

"Eh? I really have one?"

I was surprised too. I was just joking before but I never knew that the mark was there.

"You don't know? Alicia-chan hasn't told you?"

She asked.

"Ha? How could she knows about it if even I still don't?"

I asked dumbfounded. My mother sighed.

"You still hasn't pushed her down huh?"

She muttered with disappointed look.

"Of course I haven't!! No matter how you look at it we're still too young!!"

I retorted.

"I can't help it. As your mother I looked forward to see my grandchildren soon."

She pouted. I rubbed my temples in irritation.

"By the way, how come your hair become black? Did you put a dye on it?"

She asked. I was at lost about how to answer that question.

"Will you promise that you won't be angry?"

I asked timidly.

"Why should I be angry? You're my only son after all."

She said with a smile.

"I see. Then, my hair changed because I technically has stopped being a human."

I said. My mother's smile went stiff all sudden, the air turned cold and I could see an image of ashura rasing behind my mother's figure.

"Ren"

"Yes"

"Seiza"

"Yes"

I was given a two hours long sermon about my recklessness when I explained how I stopped being a human. I kinda missed my mother's angry voice but my legs doesn't missed the numbness coming along with the sermon.

"I had been a while since I was yelling like this. I kind of refreshed. Then, can you call Ana for me? I need her to do something."

She said.

"Ah, about that..."

I explained​ that I took a parted ways to save her not long ago. As the results, another three hours of sermon came from her.