Chapter 56 - Nominated Quest

In a certain Adventurer Guild, a party of two beastmen were sitting idly in the corner of the busy atmosphere. The rat kin was leaning at the back rest of the chair while crossing his arms before his chest. He looked downward till his face almost got covered under his leather hat while biting on a toothpick like a cigarette. Sitting on the opposite side of him was a dog kin who was humming while polishing her favorite equipment. Even there were many vacant seats around them, no other adventurers dared to sit there. It was as if the empty seats were a barrier separating the two from the rest of the adventurers.

Normally, this kind of sight was not supposed to happen. If it was normal adventurer, there would be one or two adventurer parties which would socialite them into joining their quest, or some rogue adventurer would try to mug them. The reason they were avoided was because of their rank. The two of them were adventurers with highest rank achievable by civilians, S Ranker Adventurers. 

"Mark, is there any interesting quest at the board?"

The dog kin, Flo, asked. She didn't bother to look at her conversation partner and just kept polishing her shield.

"So far there's none. I heard that the New Maximillian Kingdom was hiring high ranked adventurers to capture some C ranked and above monsters alive for high sum of gold but I'd rather stay idle like this than go there."

Mark said.

"I see."

She said losing her interest. The two were just stayed silent till suddenly a middle aged man barged into the guild hall. He was quickly rushing toward the receptionist while cutting the lines.

"Please help!! My VIP has been kidnapped!!"

He pleaded. He was ignoring the angry people behind him.

"Umm..I'm sorry but please line up like the others. also, there's a standard procedure for someone who want to issue a quest. So, for now please fill this form as you waited."

The receptionist said with a smile.

"But, at this rate, my family will end up at the execution ground!! Please!! I'm willing to pay tenfold of the original prize but please find my VIP!!"

He desperately asked the receptionist.

"Kidnapping huh? I bet this won't be good quest anyway."

Flo commented. She looked toward Mark and noticed the serious glare under the shade of his hat toward the receptionist. It was the sign of that this guy intended to take that quest.

"You, don't tell me..."

Flo said in response of Mark's attitude. Mark stood up from his seat and headed toward the receptionist.

"*sigh* not again..."

Flo slapped her forehead. It was Mark's bad habit. He often lost himself even during a quest whenever he heard someone was troubled. He was even willing to do it although there was no reward or benefit for him. There was even times when they almost forced to abandon an escort quest just for a sake of a little girl who was worried about his missing father who turned out being overslept at the riverbank when he went fishing.

Flo was about to stop him before he could reach the receptionist desk but she hesitated as both her and Mark's luggage was lying idly at their seat. If she went to stop him, there might be a chance their luggage got stolen. She just could only sigh and prepared her stuff for departure.

Mark talked with the man with low voice. The people who had the line cut stepped back and waited patiently. They all knew well that nothing good will come if they interfere a discussion with an S-Ranked Adventurer.

"Reia-san, can you register this guy's quest as a nominated quest for my party."

Mark said to the receptionist. Reia-san looked troubled by his sudden request but when she looked at the other adventurers nodding their head, she decided to process it.

"As per our regulation, please go to the meeting room number 1 for the detailed information about the quest and the negotiation of the rewards. The guild master will join you later to act as the mediator of the negotiation."

She said. Mark nodded at the receptionist. He headed back to his seat for his luggage before heading to the aforementioned location. Flo just followed him helplessly at the stupidity of her fellow party member.