Chapter 73 - Into the City of Beastkin (3)

After getting tired of scolding Blade, Erica sat down. She picked up the book she had dropped earlier. Mana got off from her seat and approached her.

"Onee-chan, here."

She offered a bottle of fruit juice innocently. Erica was at lost when seeing the PET bottle which she had never seen before. She accepted the bottle timidly and tried to figure out what it is.

"Ah, you never seen it right? Let me teach you how to open it."

Kagura offered. She helped her opening the PET bottle cap and returned it to Erica. She sniffed the content and then began drinking the content.

"This is the best fruit juice I had ever tasted before. Where did you obtain it?"

Erica asked.

"Now you mention it... This is the first time I've seen a PET bottle in this world. Where did you get that Mana-chan?"

Kagura added.

"Etto, from this bag."

Mana said as she presented her magic bag. The two were dumbfounded.

"Ah, I mean where did you purchase that drink, Mana-chan?"

Kagura corrected herself.

"Umm.... That is..."

Mana was at lost. She looked toward Blade to ask some help.

"My apologies both of you. Mana had obtained that bag along with the content from the Lord I served. As the method to obtain that, I'm afraid aside from my Lord we can't give you any satisfactory answer."

Blade explained. 

"I see... that's too bad."

Erica said with a slight disappointment.

"Che, I thought I might be able to get some cola in this world."

Kagura said.

"What is a cola, Onee-chan?"

Mana asked.

"Cola is you see... It's a drink which will have a tingling feeling when you drink it."

Kagura tried to explain to Mana.

"Is that so? Then, Mana probably have two bottles in this bag."

Mana said.

"Eh?"

Kagura was dumbfounded.

"Etto... Where did that bottle go again? AH!! Found it!!"

Mana searched into her bag. She took out two glass bottles filled with black liquid with some traces of bubble inside. Kagura's eyes were locked into the two bottles.

"Master gave Mana three bottles but when Mana tried one it tasted weird so Mana didn't drink the rest."

Mana said.

"Kagura-Onee-chan, since you're kind to Mana, Mana will give them to Onee-chan."

Mana said. 

"Mana-chan!!"

Kagura hugged her emotionally. Whether it was caused by her being smitten by Mana's cuteness or her delight obtaining the colas, nobody would ever know. Erica who saw the two bottles Kagura had gotten from Mana only could look at them enviously.

"Then, since we had taken a lot of time, I think we should resume the identity check."

Blade suggested. Erica opened the book while glancing at Kagura's direction from time to time.

"Well then, the race aside, there's no problem with Mana-chan's identity. Then, as for Blade-san, as I might have expected, you have a unique race as well huh? Well, that is to be expected, your fur had some peculiar color and pattern after all. And, it kind of made me feel awkward somehow."

Erica commented.

"Is something wrong with our race?"

Blade asked.

"We-Well, you might not aware of it but your race, Silver Byakko, and Mana-chan's race, Snow Suzaku, are the race with special bloodline. Under normal circumstances, those who has those special bloodline are those who has high social status or the leader of a large clans. But, you said you are currently serving under a lord, I wonder who that lord is."

Erica explained.

"Well, you can say that Mana and I are special rare case. Our lord is currently just a nobody yet isn't an ordinary person. He possessed might yet he was forced to let some greedy people to take his birthplace. So, we, his loyal subjects, are wandering separately from him in order to find a suitable place to reside."

Blade said ambiguously.

"Is he a fallen noble or something?"

Erica asked.

"Well, you can say it's something like that."

Blade said.

"Then, it's fine. I'll let you three enter the town."

She declared. She fetched three wooden tags with certain engraving from the other room. After handed them to Blade, she led the three to the door leading to the city only to find that it was already nightfall.

"..."

Erica fell silent when she realized that the inspection took too much time, especially when she did her sermons for Blade. At that time, a cute rumbling sound of someone's hungry stomach could be heard from somewhere. The attention turned toward the sole knight in that place.

"Etto, since it's probably already past dinner time want to grab some dinner with us?"

Blade offered. With her face as red as tomato, she got no choice but to accept his offer.