Chapter 27 Part 1 - End of the Battle

The rebel's force was getting pressured. The enemy's number was more or less 200 times the number of the rebels. Even Karina was rampaging around at the front line with Fianna's aid. And the air force attacks from Anastasia and the magic beasts were looked powerful at first but they were underestimating the enemy.

They were adept at rearranging formation. The leaders of each squads were experienced in battle and the tides of the battle slowly leaned toward the enemy's victory. Ren who was firing a fast magic attacks from somewhere was now went silent.

"Get your weapons and brace yourself!! We'll fight till the end!!"

Leo encouraged the rebels. With the absence of the high ranked rebels, the command was bit too messy. After all, Flint, who was a veteran combatant, never led an army before. Usually, the Queen or Emilia would take the command. But, right now, Emilia was having her hands full with the approaching enemies.

The strength of the higher ups were indeed high and comparable with several numbers of knights but the stamina of each person was limited. Alicia was panting quite heavily after firing many large scale magic in short period of time.

The enemy's advances were getting more and more difficult to handle. The fatigue, the pressure, and the atmosphere were causing anyone's head go numb. Corpses fell to the ground one after another. On each clash, the number of the enemy was reduced by several hundred of man but the rebels wasn't free of casualty either.

"For Maximillian!!"

Leo shouted a battle cry. He did this not because of nothing, he used a skill to buff his companions. Alicia who was a rear guard was started to pull her sword from time to time since there were some knights who passed the barricade.

Fighting a losing battle, that was the reality they must admit. Alicia gritted her teeth in frustration. One by one the rebels were either killed or captured. Emilia was also almost got pushed back near the camp from the enemy's advances.

"Are we going to lose?"

Alicia muttered. She remembered the moment she was captured and almost forced to be a plaything for the man she hates. She gritted her teeth and fought back. She refused to surrender. The advances stopped after the long battle.

Alicia and the remaining rebels were also stopped attacking but they knew one thing. They were completely surrounded. The camp was surrounded by numerous enemies. Leo gritted his teeth as he watched the smirk on the enemy.
Shiina, Flint, Noden, Lisha, Emilia, Leo, Ameralda, Nova, Eris, and Alicia were already at their limit. Their magic power and stamina were almost depleted. It wouldn't be strange if any of them fainted at any moment.

[Ougi- Wrath of Jade Dragon]

An echo was heard from the frontline. A jade colored transparent dragon rose to the sky. It flew around for some time before diving into the enemy's line toward the camp's direction. Knights were sent flying as the dragon passed.

When the head reached the camp, the dragon disappeared and in its place Karina was standing fearlessly. There were some scratches on her armor and sword but she was not wounded at all.

"Nobody is allowed to go inside the camp."

She declared fearlessly. Her aura was completely different. There was some dragon shaped crest glowed above her chestplate.

[Ougi - Wish of Moon Rabbit]

[Ougi - Stallion of Indra]

Two different voices echoed.

Explosion occurred at the distance. It was followed by smaller explosion on many spots of the enemy's army. With a loud sound, an elf riding on a white horse with burning mane and hoof was glaring at the enemy while holding a silver colored light arrow on the fully pulled bowstring. She fired the arrow upward before the arrow split in the sky and landed at the ground 5 meters from the camp.

"Nobody shall pass this line!!"

She declared. Even she said so, if they fought head on, they would lose for sure.

"Persistent till the end, I see."

A man advanced forward. He was one of Daigo's Royal Knights. Everyone from the rebel's camp were looking at him with caution.

"PIGYA!!!!!"

A small sound of a suddenly hurt creature was heard from inside the camp. Everyone's attention turned toward the source and saw Leo's son, Mars, was lying on the ground with a dagger sank into his belly.

"Tch!! That pest noticed me as expected huh?"

A man's voice came from an unexpected direction.

"Sir Arlens, what's the meaning of this?!!"

Lou said angrily. Ameralda rushed toward Mars but she was stopped by two rebels who unsheathed their sword toward her.

"I see, the real traitor is you."

Leo said.

"That's true. But, it's too late, Former Prince. You're already lost. That annoying alchemist also must have died in Daigo-sama's hand now."

He added.

"Lies!! Ren-sama won't lose to anyone!!"

Alicia cried.

"Oy, the war trophy should be silent already. You should be thankful that you will still regain the status as a royal family."

Alrens said.

"UGH!! Li-Lisha, what the meaning of this."

A pained voice came from the left. Lisha was expressionlessly stabbing Noden with a dagger. She smirked and reached for her neck. With a smooth motion, she peeled off the skin and revealed a face of black haired man with red piercing underneath.

"Too bad, I'm not your lover-chan."

He said.

"Wha-"

Noden was shocked.

"If you're wondering where she is, I'll answer you."

A voice came from inside a tent. A knight who was supposed to be bound came out while holding Lisha's head. Her face had many bruises and tears came out from the eyes.

"Li-Lisha"

Noden tried to reach for the head but at the same time, his head left his body from the fake Lisha's sword.

"Don't worry, you'll meet her again in heaven."

He said jokingly.

"NODEN!! YOU BASTARD!!!"

Leo snapped. He dashed toward the Fake Lisha.

"GET THEM!!"

At the same time, the royal knight commanded. Thousands of knights rushed forward to catch Leo and the rest.

[Ougi - Ouroboros Corridor]

At the same time, an unknown voice echoed. Several snake shaped shadows dashed from a shadow of a tent. They were quickly leaping toward the survivors of the rebels. As soon as the snake leaped, they expanded into a black sphere which swallowed their target whole. In a blink of eye, the black sphere vanished along with the rebels.

"Tch! They escaped huh?"

Arlens said.

"It seems like they still have some hidden trump cards."

The fake Lisha said.

"But, at least this means the end of the rebels."

Arlens said.