Chapter 69 - Alicia's Feeling

Today, I was grateful that the weather was clear. Carrying my wife, my daughter, and my subordinate, I was flying above the endless looking desert. That was of course in my dragon form or rather I could say it was my new form.

I looked at my hands again. It was covered in feather-shaped white dragon scales with some faint black lines on them. This was rather troubling. Who would have thought that I would be in my human form no more when I came to.

Alicia looked worried when she saw me grieving for losing the last piece of my humanity. I almost berserked as I reading my status which had stated that I wasn't a humanoid anymore but a pure dragon. She used her now small stature (according to my perception) to comfort me. She was so kind that I want to cry about it. I was thankful for the fate who had granted me with my encounter with Alicia,

Well, that aside, now we had departed from the the ruin used to be called Roslet. Well, either way, we got no choice but to leave after all. I mean that place had turned into nothing but ruins and rubble. No plant or water source could be distinguished from that place anymore. And thus, we decided to leave the site without any delay.

Ah, by the way my new race was called ['Abyss Seraph Kaiser Dragon'] it seems. It was a new race. Kaiser dragon was a rank close to Emperor Class dragon but it was still higher ranking that the latter. Seraph means the highest holy being while Abyss means the darkest form of darkness.

Thanks to my race change, my level was reset. I was a level 1 again. But even I was a level 1, my stats and magic power felt several folds stronger than before. My jobs and titles were also affected. I lost most of my titles I obtained as a human. My job classes were also evolved. And my status was like this;

Ren Concerto Level 1 Grand Alchemy Master Level 1 Arcane Master Level 1 True Hero Level 1 Rune Master Level 1

Title : Boundary Keeper, True Hero, Demon Lord of Sloth, Progenitor, World's Irregular, Successor of the True Hero, Demon Lord Slayer

Race : Abyss Seraph Kaiser Dragon

It was rather depressing that I couldn't cuddle with my beloved like in the past anymore before I mastered the human transformation art. That was why I will try to hold back as much as I can. And regarding my current appearance, I didn't know about it. I mean there was no mirror or water surface to make me able to see my own appearance.

But, according to what Karina had said, I looked more sacred than before. She also added that I wouldn't be strange if by the time I showed this form to the people, I would ended up as a subject of prayer. 

I flew as slow as possible so that Lilliana won't fall. Well, after all, I'm not some dragon who used mach speed to carry passengers using a basket. I mean, that daughter of mine was very excited you see... seeing me in my dragon form. But, one of the inconveniences of this form was the communication. I could somehow speak but it appears like my voice was automatically translated into dragon language and since I had no means to use telepathy with Alicia or human transformation, currently the communication was completely one-sided. But It was rather good thing that the legion's mind link had auto-translating so that I still could convey my mind indirectly through Karina.

"By the way, Ren-sama, where are we currently heading to?"

Alicia asked me. behind my back. I glanced at her and redirected my sight to the front. I sent my message to Karina.

"Understood"

Karina said as she heard my command.

"Ren-sama said that we're heading to the closest clue we could find. We were heading toward Eris-sama's place."

Karina said.

"Eh? Why Eris's place?"

Alicia asked.

"Ah, you might not remember it but Eris-sama's true form is a dragon while her current form was created using a dragon art spell. Thus, he was heading there as he had no means of pinpointing the location of any other dragons who could teach him arts of human transformation."

Karina explained.

"I see... But, How did he pinpoint her location anyway? Isn't Ren-sama always bad with direction? Won't we ended up in different direction?"

Alicia asked worried. I wanted to retort on that but it would be troublesome if I need to convey it to Karina first and since she used polite speech to speak with Alicia I doubt the message would be something that could be called a retort anymore.

"There's no need to worry. As the subordinates summoned directly with Ren-sama's ability, we Zodiac Braves had a certain link with Ren-sama which will give out our exact location anytime and anywhere."

Karina explained.

"I see... that's sounds assuring but..."

Alicia said. She sounded relieved but somehow there was some kind of saddened tone there.

"Is something wrong, Alicia-sama?"

Karina asked.

"No, it's just I'm jealous of you guys. To have a special link that connected you to Ren-sama directly. I wonder if I can have some kind of connection with Ren-sama too. When you said that Ren-sama was unable to speak with me directly but you can I felt really sad that it seems like there was a wide gap in my relationship with Ren-sama."

Alicia said gloomily.

"I wonder if I'm still qualified to be called his partner at this rate."

She sounded like she was about to cry anytime.

"You shouldn't say that, Alicia-sama."

Karina said.

"The moment you're doubting that matter, it means that you don't believe in the fate which linked you together. Just think that this is a trial for your love for Ren-sama. Or are you trying to say that you love Ren-sama no more since he stopped being a human?"

Karina asked.

"OF COURSE I STILL LOVE HIM!!"

Alicia screamed.

"It just- It's just frustrating that I can't always understand what my beloved think when I want to. I just want to spend my time with Ren-sama like the ideal couples. Chatting, laughing, and spending time as a family, I just want that!! But, why- Why must there things that always disturbing us?!! The time when we're still in the Maximillian, in dragon's paradise, and even afterwards there's always things that prevented us to be together!! Just WHY?!!"

Alicia's feeling poured out. I wanted to embrace her tightly and comfort her. But with this form and situation, I could only grit my teeth in frustration as I listened the cries of Alicia on my back.